+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need help with speaker crossover

I'm Nikola.

Hello people!
    I just want to tell you that I have managed to make speakers work!
    And I wan't to thank you all for everything you´ve done trying to help.
    I even bought multimeter but I actually did not need it much.

It turns out that I have made series of mistakes but in the and everything works.

As you know in first testing of crossover when I was just twisting wires and nothing worked I had drives attached to cabinet.
    But from that time I was testing drivers just outside of box on the floor.
    And that was my biggest mistake cause bass driver outside of cabinet actually was working OK from beginning but did not produce right sound without cabinet...(How could I be so stupid?)

With Ribbon tweeter I actually don't know what happened...every time when I was testing it alone did not produce any sound when connected as red like + and blue -
    But reversed as systemZ suggested did gave some sound.
    Both Ribbon units responded same.

As soon as I connected both Ribbon and bass driver to amp all started to work.
    I really don't know what happened?
    Don't understand why when I was testing just Ribbon tweeter did not want to work because it is bi-wire system and both units actually work separately haveing separate wires from amp.
    Sound felt little strange so I have returned again for + on red spade and for - on blue on Ribbon.
    That sounded better...later I got conformation from Ivan that red is +
    So...as you can see it was actually nothing bad with my soldering skills.

Thank you guys again for everything and sorry for all my mistakes.
    Speakers sound is quite different from my MA BR5.
    I need to get used to it.Everything sounds more natural,guitar,piano.... and I like it...but bass is not "ballsy" as I have supposed reading peoples reactions on net. I feel it but no so strong like on MA...and it is different. I need to turn amp. volume a bit more up but I think it is due to different sensitivity of speakers.I even did not put any wool behind driver and it is OK. Maybe it will change after speakers burn in time.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Niko; 25-01-2017 at 20:44.

I'm Geoff.

I knew you could do it Nikola. Well done mate.

The speakers should have good deep bass, perhaps the drivers need running in a bit to loosen up.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

I'm delighted that you have got your speakers working. I'm sure that the more you listen to them, the more you will appreciate what a fine pair of speakers you have made.

I'm matt.

Glad to hear you got them working

As Geoff said, you may get a bit more bass when the drivers have run In.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234