+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD Player/DAC Combo

I'm Geoff.

If usb is not essential you might consider one of these, the Cambridge Audio Azure 840c. It has exceptional build quality and was way ahead of its time with hires upsampling.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...40c-cd-player/

I have long since digitised my cd collection but for some time after that continued to use the excellent DAC (Dual Wolfson DACs) part of this player. I only stopped using mine when I upgraded my music streamer.

If you are interested I may be willing to sell my pristine condition unit, but would first have to check out its current market value.

Geoff

I'm Con.

Hi John,please try to contact Gieseler in Australia if I remember his name is Glen. He has bought out some new models as well. He is a small business but he has been around for awhile in the audio industry and his products are outstanding for their price,from what I know he has no suppliers around so it's direct from him hope this helped abit regards Con

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    Anyone know of a cd player with on board DAC that takes a USB input and plays High Res files? I'll be needing to replace my cdp soon and also thinking of upgrading my Arcam rDAC for something that plays 24/192 res files. Can I get an all in one unit?
    AMR CD777 CD player has what you require, and it should be possible to pick an ex demo, used one for a good price. Its not as good as its big brother the CD77 (I used to own a pre USB input version the mk1) but it will give you about 92% of what its big brother does regarding CD playback. The CD777's PC audio ability will be better I think.

http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/html/cd777_individual.html

Possibly too early still for ex demo/used market deals but the Esoteric K05 also looks excellent regarding spec http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esot...05/indexe.html Only caveat I would give is that Esoteric mechanisms are fairly noisy replaying SACDs. So if you sit beside it, well the AMR would be a better option.
    Regards Neil

I'm andrew.

Andy.

I'm John.

Thanks Geoff. The 840 would be a solution if there is any other way of connecting it to the laptop other than through a USB cable- perhaps a USB/Optical or Co-axial converter if such a thing exists? Also, I'm not sure what the upsampling actually does - does it play cds at a higher sample rate?
    Let me know what sort of price you have in mind. On ebay they're going from 38 to 450, which doesn't help much!
    Last edited by JohnNB; 24-02-2017 at 22:44.
    Thorens TD160 Mk1 Modded Turntable/Linn Basik tonearm/Nagaoka MP200 cartridge/Trichord Dino Mk3 Phono Amp/Never Connected PSU. Marantz CD6003/Arcam rDac. Roksan K2 Amp. Spendor SP1 Speakers. Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable. Atlas Element Integra interconnects.

I'm John.

The AMR sounds like a fantastic player Neil, but can't see any 2nd hand, and even then it would probably be way over my price limit given that it was over 3 grand new. I'll keep looking though!
    Thorens TD160 Mk1 Modded Turntable/Linn Basik tonearm/Nagaoka MP200 cartridge/Trichord Dino Mk3 Phono Amp/Never Connected PSU. Marantz CD6003/Arcam rDac. Roksan K2 Amp. Spendor SP1 Speakers. Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable. Atlas Element Integra interconnects.

I'm Simon.

Marantz SA8005. Under 600 new. Plays CDs, SACD, USB and other digital in, 24/192 and even DSD over USB.

Well built, sounds really good, nice to operate, proper warranty.
    Main system: Audio Note CD3.1x > AN Meishu Silver > AN-E/SPe

Day-to-day system: Moon CD3.3X/Auralic Aries Mini>Octave V40SE>Art Moderne 4

I'm John.

I'm interested in the Marantz Simon. How much was you thinking?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    I'm interested in the Marantz Simon. How much was you thinking?
    Sorry, John - I was making a recommendation, not trying to sell one! I have had an SA8005 in the past; they're really very good and great value, IMO.
    Main system: Audio Note CD3.1x > AN Meishu Silver > AN-E/SPe

Day-to-day system: Moon CD3.3X/Auralic Aries Mini>Octave V40SE>Art Moderne 4

I'm Grant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marantz-SA8...marantz+sa8005

One here new going cheep cheep

Well there was, someone just bought it lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.1- CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PIONEER SA8100 AMPLIFIER. - WIN10 JRIVER21, SPOTIFY - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE POWERED BY BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PURAV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast