+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CD Player/DAC Combo

I'm Geoff.

If usb is not essential you might consider one of these, the Cambridge Audio Azure 840c. It has exceptional build quality and was way ahead of its time with hires upsampling.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...40c-cd-player/

I have long since digitised my cd collection but for some time after that continued to use the excellent DAC (Dual Wolfson DACs) part of this player. I only stopped using mine when I upgraded my music streamer.

If you are interested I may be willing to sell my pristine condition unit, but would first have to check out its current market value.

Geoff

I'm Con.

Hi John,please try to contact Gieseler in Australia if I remember his name is Glen. He has bought out some new models as well. He is a small business but he has been around for awhile in the audio industry and his products are outstanding for their price,from what I know he has no suppliers around so it's direct from him hope this helped abit regards Con

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    Anyone know of a cd player with on board DAC that takes a USB input and plays High Res files? I'll be needing to replace my cdp soon and also thinking of upgrading my Arcam rDAC for something that plays 24/192 res files. Can I get an all in one unit?
    AMR CD777 CD player has what you require, and it should be possible to pick an ex demo, used one for a good price. Its not as good as its big brother the CD77 (I used to own a pre USB input version the mk1) but it will give you about 92% of what its big brother does regarding CD playback. The CD777's PC audio ability will be better I think.

http://www.amr-audio.co.uk/html/cd777_individual.html

Possibly too early still for ex demo/used market deals but the Esoteric K05 also looks excellent regarding spec http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esot...05/indexe.html Only caveat I would give is that Esoteric mechanisms are fairly noisy replaying SACDs. So if you sit beside it, well the AMR would be a better option.
    Regards Neil

I'm andrew.

Andy.

I'm John.

Thanks Geoff. The 840 would be a solution if there is any other way of connecting it to the laptop other than through a USB cable- perhaps a USB/Optical or Co-axial converter if such a thing exists? Also, I'm not sure what the upsampling actually does - does it play cds at a higher sample rate?
    Let me know what sort of price you have in mind. On ebay they're going from £38 to £450, which doesn't help much!
    Last edited by JohnNB; 24-02-2017 at 22:44.
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Marantz CD6006/Cambridge 650T DAB
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp
    Atlas Element Integra Superior inter-connects
    Spendor SP1s(1988)/Van-Damme UP-LCOFC HiFi 4mm cable

I'm John.

The AMR sounds like a fantastic player Neil, but can't see any 2nd hand, and even then it would probably be way over my price limit given that it was over 3 grand new. I'll keep looking though!
    Linn Axis tt/Akito arm/Nagaoka MP200 or ATVM95/ML carts/Trichord Dino mk3 phono stage/dedicated PSU
    Tisbury Mini Passive II pre/Roksan K3 Dac/Roksan K2 integrated used as power amp

I'm Simon.

Marantz SA8005. Under £600 new. Plays CDs, SACD, USB and other digital in, 24/192 and even DSD over USB.

Well built, sounds really good, nice to operate, proper warranty.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm John.

I'm interested in the Marantz Simon. How much was you thinking?

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNB View Post
    I'm interested in the Marantz Simon. How much was you thinking?
    Sorry, John - I was making a recommendation, not trying to sell one! I have had an SA8005 in the past; they're really very good and great value, IMO.
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Grant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marantz-SA8...marantz+sa8005

One here new going cheep cheep

Well there was, someone just bought it lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast