+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it a box of coal?????

I'm Dave.

Some of these things do make a 'difference', not necessarily an improvement but it's the stupid prices which trouble me.

I did see on't internet, an Entreq box opened up, showing the workings inside but not sure where.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Some of these things do make a 'difference', not necessarily an improvement but it's the stupid prices which trouble me.

I did see on't internet, an Entreq box opened up, showing the workings inside but not sure where.
    There was but there is some doubt as to whether it is a real one or something someone mocked up as a piss-take. They are just wooden boxes with some wire in them, though, so as you say the prices asked are a nonsense.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Looks very much like an Entreq device but at 10% of the price. So, if you believe in such things, it's good value.
    Yes, but probably bette made... Sad to say but Entreq is really lowering the perception of Swedish quality...

But dudes, unless you have heard what some Entreq boxes can do to the sound quality, i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their effect.

I'm Dave.

I have heard an Entreq which did make a small 'difference'. It's the prices which I find difficult to swallow.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Yes, but probably bette made... Sad to say but Entreq is really lowering the perception of Swedish quality...

But dudes, unless you have heard what some Entreq boxes can do to the sound quality, i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their effect.
    The only thing it does is make it easier for the attached system to pick up RFI. You could do that with a coat hanger. I'm not saying that RFI can't make a system sound subjectively better, it is the nature of subjectivism that any effect, whether technically deleterious or not, can have a positive effect. Why anyone would pay thousands of pounds for it is a different matter.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

We are in full understanding regarding the prices! Thats why i only use one Minimus in my system!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The only thing it does is make it easier for the attached system to pick up RFI. You could do that with a coat hanger. I'm not saying that RFI can't make a system sound subjectively better, it is the nature of subjectivism that any effect, whether technically deleterious or not, can have a positive effect. Why anyone would pay thousands of pounds for it is a different matter.
    Just took a look at some prices, such as £60 for an earth wire. That's a wire !!!

I'm Mike.

I particularly like the "nuts", the Everest and K2!
    Not for the common(sense) man!

RothwellAudio Guest

I was gob-smacked by the box of coal (which turned out not to be coal) but the Entreq stuff takes it on to a whole new level!

I'm Rich.

I'm not getting involved
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast