+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'bitten by the bug'

Bigman80 Guest

Doesn't look like there is a lot of slack on The 4 pin. Does it move across the full range ok ?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Matthew.

Default Michell Focus project

Picked up this beauty today! Needs some work!IMG_8101.jpgIMG_8100.jpgIMG_8102.jpg

I'm Matthew.

Yes, that's fine. To be honest, looks a bit fiddly to me-I'd be better off with an SME arm.

I'm Geoff.

Looks easy enough to rewire to me. As it's not usable now, you've got little to lose by having a bash. I'm sure you can get plenty of guidance and help here.

I have to say, I'd sooner have the Hadcock arm than an SME.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Matthew.

I'm going to have a read about how to do it and Hadcock arms in general. Will take my time. Will need advice about suitable Amp. Slowly slowly...

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zinzuma View Post
    I'm going to have a read about how to do it and Hadcock arms in general. Will take my time. Will need advice about suitable Amp. Slowly slowly...
    I rewired my Mission 774. There is a thread on here somewhere which will be practically the same for the hadcock.

I'm Geoff.

The main thing to watch is fitting new wires to the mini plug. The plug has to be prised open very carefully and when soldering, just the minimum brief amount of heat should be used to avoid melting the plastic body. The plugs are unobtainable, although there are other ways to wire the arm..
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Matthew.

Thanks for the advice/info. I'm going to read up on it.
    From what I've read already sounds like the haddock arm and focus can deliver good results.

I'm Geoff.

Yes. It's a good combo.

The Focus is often seen with the Linn Basic LV-V mounted. The LV-V was a budget arm, but is actually quite capable.

Bigman80 Guest

A good tip is to use a heat sink with the 4pin when you solder it so the plastic doesn't melt. If it does, you can get replacements. I've just bought on for my 774

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast