+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all!

I'm Ron.

Default Hello all!

New user to this forum. Stereo lover since Jesus was in diapers. Bought my first and only system in 1975. Sony TA-4650 vfet amp, Technics SL-1350 w/AT14sa cart., little known Paradox 3-way column speakers. Various tape units, tuners, and cd players have come and gone. Over the years, I "lost my way" and got lazy for sound; system went in the closet. Fast forward to this past September. I realized I needed to resurrect my system, so off it went to the tech for new life. Meanwhile, I snagged another Technics DD (1300), and bought a 'Yamahammer' cd player. As the equipment came home from the tech, I found my obsession for Audio Technica carts festering again. Today, I am the proud owner of an AT12sa cart (lc stylus), 2 AT14sa carts, 2 NOS ATN14 stylii, DR500lc cart, AT15ea cart., and a AT440mlb. So, with 2 TTs and enough carts for a lifetime, I am happily playing my original 70s/80s vinyl - sheer bliss. I also bought a Spin-Clean record washer to go with my Discwasher cleaners. I was skeptical about the Spin-Clean's big claims, but knew it could help. "Help"...yeah!!! Even though I have taken good care of my vinyl through the years, it still gobsmacked me at the amount of crud S-C pulled from the grooves. Now, I pop a cleaned record on and only music. :-) I also have a stand-alone home theater setup that is another tale. Past experience includes designing/building speakers, mobile dj and sound reinforcement, auto sound installation, and studying psychoacoustics. I have returned to the fold and there I shall remain.
    Last edited by fresherr; 19-01-2017 at 04:56.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Ron. Welcome to AOS.

Getting back into Hi-Fi after a long break can be fun and a re-learning curve.

Tell us what music you listen to and how far you intend to develop your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ron.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the welcome.

My musical tastes are eclectic, but currently I am enjoying a renewed appreciation for bossa nova, trio and quartet jazz, Hiroshima (the group) , and brass-driven big band music. Pipe organ music lets me exercise the full response of my speakers when I feel the need. :-)

Equipment-wise, I am quite content with the size and quality of my system. IMHO, the weakest link in an audio system is the electro-mechanical part(s); input and output transducers. My mainly vintage cartridge/stylii are well established for quality, and they are all in excellent condition. The speakers were completely rebuilt (by me) 20 years ago, and matched for efficiency and compatibility. Since I have a small listening area and 69 year-old ears that survived rock concerts and heavy construction, I am confident that the equipment response exceeds my hearing. So...I intend to enjoy the fruits of my labor, and gently tweak any minor aberrations that seem to appear.

Cheers!

Ron

I'm Grant.

welcome Ron. must have missed you, sorry for the late greeting. Hope you are well and enjoy the forum. Sounds like your all fixed for many years of pleasurable sounds
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread