+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1210 plinth differences?

I'm Alex.

Default 1210 plinth differences?

Are there any differences in the plinths from mark to mark? For instance will a Mk5 plinth be any better/more inert than a Mk2 making one sound different to the other?

I'm Andrew.

No!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Neil.

There are small differences in the base hole depth where the bearing goes, between mk2 and mk5 and I suspect other mks too. In terms of overall plinth construction, no, the same.
    Regards Neil

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    There are small differences in the base hole depth where the bearing goes, between mk2 and mk5 and I suspect other mks too. In terms of overall plinth construction, no, the same.
    With this in mind would there be any issues stripping down a Mk2 and building it up in to a Mk5 plinth, or visa versa?

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    With this in mind would there be any issues stripping down a Mk2 and building it up in to a Mk5 plinth, or visa versa?

I'm Kevin.

Are you changing all the cables as well?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Alex.

Having being inspired by some of the forum members, I want to buy a plinth, sand it down, remove and fill the pitch adjustment and pop up light etc and refinish it. I want to know if I buy a Mk2 plinth, do I have to stick to everything else from a Mk2.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    Having being inspired by some of the forum members, I want to buy a plinth, sand it down, remove and fill the pitch adjustment and pop up light etc and refinish it. I want to know if I buy a Mk2 plinth, do I have to stick to everything else from a Mk2.
    HUBBER HUBBER what a question. The mk5 and mk2 are very different beasts with probably differing pcb changes. Dosent your mk5 have several more buttons than the mk2?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alex.

My plan was to build a deck from parts obtained bit by bit, as money allows, starting with a plinth.

I'm Kevin.

That sounds like an expensive option, as I don't remember the last time I saw the cables for sale.
    You might be better off buying a tatty deck, as it will be cheaper.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast