+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used CD players fetching crazy prices !

I'm Michael.

Default Used CD players fetching crazy prices !

Has anyone else noticed the high prices used CD players are going for on eBay etc ? I was bidding on a Pioneer Pds 703 stable platter it went for £110 ! A technics pdg 490 went for £40 etc etc the used Philips and Maranz fetching crazy prices too !! Any bargains any more ???

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael loves music View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the high prices used CD players are going for on eBay etc ? I was bidding on a Pioneer Pds 703 stable platter it went for £110 ! A technics pdg 490 went for £40 etc etc the used Philips and Maranz fetching crazy prices too !! Any bargains any more ???
    Things sell for what the market dictates and auctions are always risky, especially if several people want something a lot. Not a true indication of value, just craziness at times.

Many of the classic Marantz's still sell for big money CD12, CD7, SA1 and the Marantz CD94 and 94Mk2 and there are others.

Sadly any of us complaining at the price of admission is a waste of time, you picks your poison and pays the money or you don't.
    Regards Neil

I'm Michael.

I choose to don't Neil £110 for a 23 year old CD player is Madness imho

Bigman80 Guest

I paid £300 for a 25 year old Sony cdp555ES. WORTH EVERY PENNY

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

That's not really surprising Michael. It's a popular model. They do seem to have been fetching more recently.

One of the best CD player bargains in the Meridian 206, which can still be picked up for around £200. Worth every penny in sound terms. They seem reliable as there are still plenty of good second hand examples cropping up for sale. I've had a couple, they sound very nice.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Try 1500 to 2000 for a early 90s Marantz CD12.
    Regards Neil

I'm Adam.

Think I will be keeping my Pioneer PD-S705 Stable Platter CD player, that I bought in mint condition on the bay for £30 several years ago, for a few more years yet !

It provides an excellent backup to my Squeezebox Touch and Raspberry Pi / Wolfson Card. I feed the digital from the Pioneer into a Caiman SEG and it sounds great. You never know when the internet is going to die and the Pioneer reads even scratched up discs fast and efficiently. It is highly popular with the high end valve Lampizator guy.

http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/...ioneer703.html

As a cheaper version my SEG feeds into a heavily modified Musical Fidelity X10D valve buffer stage - have to say via streaming or Pioneer CD Player it all sounds terrific !
    Adam.

I'm Robert.

Yep! then you get the other side of it like a pair of Mission 752 Freedoms in the more expensive Pimera Oak went for £97.00 on the 'Bay today, which is nuts imo and ime for such a good speaker.
    Giveaway!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I paid £300 for a 25 year old Sony cdp555ES. WORTH EVERY PENNY

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    thats cause you an ES whore! lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

That's about the usual price for the overrated Pioneer stable platter decks. The Philips and Marantz are generally a cut above the herd so have a premium.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast