+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wigwam Show 2017 Scalford Hall , Anyone doing it ?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    been every year since it started .... really looking forward to it . by now i am actually able to find my way round the labyrinthine set of rooms!
    I heard that last year some folk never found their way out. They still roam the corridors asking unsuspecting guests for help with lifting a power amp.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Stewart.

We are in Syndicate 2 - open reel heaven once more and no rude interruptions for me from Cancer this time...
    Stewart.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I went in 2012 it was very interesting. As Al says, you have to go at least once.

Had a look at the exhibitor's list. Some interesting speakers, I would like to hear the Kii Threes. .
    Unfortunately the Kii Threes will not be at Scalford this year, so in the Lenco Heaven room we will be making do with my Proac Tablette 2000's
    Mike

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2000 View Post
    Unfortunately the Kii Threes will not be at Scalford this year, so in the Lenco Heaven room we will be making do with my Proac Tablette 2000's
    Oh, the Kiis were one of the main draws.
    I see there are still exhibitors rooms available. Never seen that before.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Starterman View Post
    Oh, the Kiis were one of the main draws.
    I doubt it. They interest me but there are vast swathes of enthusiasts who would never entertain the idea for a second. A lot of them got to Scalford I'd bargain.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Micky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodgesound View Post
    We are in Syndicate 2 - open reel heaven once more and no rude interruptions for me from Cancer this time...
    Stu...
    Your highlight last time you were there was Dark Side of the Moon (which sounded stunning may I say ) ,What goodie have you got for us this year ?

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I doubt it. They interest me but there are vast swathes of enthusiasts who would never entertain the idea for a second. A lot of them got to Scalford I'd bargain.
    Maybe I should have said the Kiis are the main draw for me
    There has been so much hype on other forums about them and I want to hear what cardboard bass sounds like.

I have been to every Scalford event except the last one and feel like there won't be that much new or different there this year.

I'm gone.

I expect this year to be a great show and a huge amount of fun - there's no reason at all why it should differ from previous years!

This year the show will have a Bring & Buy event for both personal and charity sales.
    As I understand it, you take the gear along before 9.30 and leave it on the B&B stall in the main pavillion (it should be well signposted). You then drive off to take part in the Park & Ride.
    You specify a price and whether you want the £dosh or whether it should go to the Show's nominated charity (Cancer Research UK this year, I believe ).
    The stall will be manned (or womaned) all day.

There's also the traditional charity raffle - I hear there's upwards of £8,000 worth of hifi prizes donated by dealers, as well as gear donated by forum members.

As always, the Show will be a great charity event as well as a great audio event.

... sadly, for the 1st time, I won't be able to be there.

I'm Steve.

Yes i missed that and that is what i was looking forwards to the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    Stu...
    Your highlight last time you were there was Dark Side of the Moon (which sounded stunning may I say ) ,What goodie have you got for us this year ?

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2000 View Post
    Unfortunately the Kii Threes will not be at Scalford this year
    That's is unfortunate as it was the single thing I was interested in hearing.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast