+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tannoy HPD295a wiring?

I'm John.

Default Tannoy HPD295a wiring?

Could anyone offer me some assistance please.

I have a set of Tannoy Eatons that I have purchased new crossovers for but I am not sure which wire coming out of the original crossover corresponds to which input on the driver itself.

There are 3 wires coloured blue, brown and green/yellow (looks like regular old mains cable to me)

Obviously there is a common ground wire although I suspect separating the HF/LF ground would be a good idea.

Could anyone explain which wire is the HF + input and which is the LF + input please?

Many thanks.

John

I'm John.

All sorted now.

I'm Geoff.

Shame I didn't see this earlier. I could have advised John. I have a pair of HPD crossovers about five feet away from me right now and have owned numerous Eatons.

Great little classic Tannoys those. If you have any more queries, just ask me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

No worries..........apparently people have lives away from forums

I got my hands on a set of Eatons recently. Cabinets need a little love but the drivers, crossovers and switch gear are all very good.

Fitted proper posts on the rear and now trying some new crossovers which have made them a bit more revealing and the low end has improved.

Be interesting to see if the new crossovers change over the next few weeks. Always been a bit of a skeptic in terms of break in if I'm honest.

Going back and forth between the Eatons and a set of Frugal Horns I built recently and they are both cracking speakers.

Very new on here but I must say the amount of knowledge on display is mind boggling at times.

I'm Geoff.

The Eatons perform pretty well, but those HPD295A drivers need a bigger cabinet to really give their best. Something the size of the Cheviot box would be better. With appropriate port tuning of course.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by speedyj View Post
    No worries..........apparently people have lives away from forums

I got my hands on a set of Eatons recently. Cabinets need a little love but the drivers, crossovers and switch gear are all very good.

Fitted proper posts on the rear and now trying some new crossovers which have made them a bit more revealing and the low end has improved.

Be interesting to see if the new crossovers change over the next few weeks. Always been a bit of a skeptic in terms of break in if I'm honest.

Going back and forth between the Eatons and a set of Frugal Horns I built recently and they are both cracking speakers.

Very new on here but I must say the amount of knowledge on display is mind boggling at times.
    Not the ebay jobs I hope? Duff circuit that's been doing the rounds for a while ( got caught out myself about 5-6 years ago).

+ Reply to Thread