+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nwbo?

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Cheers Ben. One correction, The valve amps aren't Radfords, they were built by my father in law.

A few photos don't show for me

Thanks for the comments. Had a great day ourselves.
    You're welcome any time
    Sorry Paul, my mistake. Wow Kudos to your father in law then, what sort of amps are they?

I think the photo issue is photobucket related, its been really slow uploading stuff to it but I can see them all on my PC

Thanks for the offer of a return visit, id be very pleased to return the favour if you ever found yourself Liverpool way.............its just a shame ive only room for a few people or id try a bakeoff of my own.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Paul.

The amps are the Mullard 5-20 circuit. Some decent iron in there and a couple of foo Mullard valves, all running at a slightly detuned 350V to give about 18wpc
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    The amps are the Mullard 5-20 circuit. Some decent iron in there and a couple of foo Mullard valves, all running at a slightly detuned 350V to give about 18wpc
    Amazing what those 18 watts were doing!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Amazing what those 18 watts were doing!
    We didn't fire up the HH. That's 180wpc solid state.... but there's a reason the valves were on all day
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Mike.

It was a really good day Paul, so much so I've gone and bought a planar 3, gonna spend some cash on it, putting an RB202 arm on it and then some other mods, once I'm done it would be good to see how it sounds against your stock planar

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    It was a really good day Paul, so much so I've gone and bought a planar 3, gonna spend some cash on it, putting an RB202 arm on it and then some other mods, once I'm done it would be good to see how it sounds against your stock planar
    Sounds good. Mines a basic planar 2 with super bias cart. I'm not even sure what arm it is, it came fitted...

I think it's time for a new belt tho - that one is 20 years old

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345