+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS- Big External Power Supply for Technics sL12XX

I'm Julian.

hi Rob - just trying to work out if this psu would be suitable for me ... could you tell me what voltage this is set to??

cheers dude.
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    hi Rob - just trying to work out if this psu would be suitable for me ... could you tell me what voltage this is set to??

cheers dude.
    It should be set to 21vdc.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Robert.

cheers dude.
    Hi Jules, hows you been - Happy New Year!(think i can still just about say that seeing as we are still in Jan )

Ive checked the email i received at the time from Sean - Custom Cables and Chris is right which i should have known.
    It has been set at 21v for the Techie.

However, ive copied Seans email from when i knew i wanted to scratch the triple regs itch and offered it back to him as a re-sell to any prospective customer.
    As you'll see he can adjust voltage to suit and so on.

Ive also copied his confirmation of spec when i first purchased which is a bit technical for me but will mean something to someone.

Hi Rob, thanks for the enquiry. Thank you for the offer, but I am actually moving house in the next few weeks, so i'm trying to get rid of boxes rather than collect more of them. I will however let you know if I get any clients my way that are interested in buying the PSU. In the meantime, I would suggest that it is best to advertise it on the usual online forums.

If it is of any help, I am happy to offer my services to the buyer - I can adjust the voltage from the fixed 21VDC to a different voltage if required, and I can also provide a new output cable with any type of end power connector. I can even upgrade it to a dual-output version if they had 2 things they wanted to power with it... Price for voltage adjustment would be £20 from 15V to 24V, or £50 for any voltage below 15V (this is because it requires a transformer swap and hence involves more work). If you traded in the old output cable then I can do a new 1m output cable for £15. A second output module and cable would be £130. I can even change the power LED colour for £10.

Hope that helps,
    -Sean

I'll calibrate the output for 21VDC as well, of course.

Anyway, your order is for the following:

'DC3' PSU - using a 280x230x80mm black case, 500VA transformer, Schottky diode rectification, 4x10,000uF Nichicon KG caps, DC2 regulation board (fully upgraded as far as possible with regards to components used). With locking ring output and a 1.0m shielded and braid-sheathed output cable plus extra locking ring for 1210 chassis (free upgrades). £379.99.

1.5m PowerBlack IEC mains cable with discount for 'in stock' cable. £38.75

Shipping by 24 hour courier. £FREE.

TOTAL DUE: £418.74

I'm Julian.

Incoming Rob!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Robert.

Incoming Rob!
    Thanks Jules, got it and responded.

I'm Robert.

SOLD ! stp