+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS- Big External Power Supply for Technics sL12XX

I'm Robert.

Default FS- Big External Power Supply for Technics sL12XX

DC-3 External Power Supply for Technics SL 12XX

I'm selling my rather substantial external power supply only because as well documented here, I've been itching to try Paul Hynes's triple stage regulator modules
    of which I've been paying down on for a while.
    This will go towards that with his SR7 psu.

I did extensive searching before purchasing this three or so years ago.
    Having been impressed by the testimonies for the Custom Cables DC1 and DC2 external psu's I contacted the owner Sean Jacobs.
    My brief was for something even more substantial / higher speced than the DC 1 & 2.
    He said that he had produced such a thing for his own use and was considering putting it into production as the DC3.

Mine was probably one of the first, how exact and close it is to his current DC3 here http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/...3-power-supply I dont know.
    What I can say though is that it has been and excellent upgrade and addition to my set up. It would be going no where if not for my desire to try the triple stage regs.

It is top quality weighing in at 7kg's
    It comes with £100 worth of quality power lead - this one here http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/...powerblack-iec mine is a fair bit longer than the £90 for 1m.
    Also comes with a good turntable to power supply lead.

It has two switches to the rear.
    When it first came my platter would hesitate to spin, not sure if this was the start button on my Techie playing up, either way Sean had it back, all the way from London to Leeds and return, free of charge no quibble.
    He fitted a second switch to alleviate the problem - so first switch at the back face on to left - flick up, then second switch to right, press down. Not sure why he didnt have both switches operate in same direction but hey ho

It has not had a lot of use as my system has been down for very long periods due to upgrades, amp failures, changes etc and is in excellent / near mint condition.
    I requested a low glow green light in the build - a nice touch.

This cost me £418 i'm only asking £220, Postage cant be more than £25 but I can check with someone like Parcel2Go once packed, weighed and measured.
    Local pickup fine too - London area.

A lot of psu for someone who wants quality without the cost.
    First come first served

Dimensions

PSU
    H = 9cm (3.5 inch approx)
    W= 23.5cm (9 inch approx)
    D+ 29cm (11 inch approx)

Cables
    Psu to turntable = 154cm (60.5 inch approx)
    Power lead = 160cm (63 inch approx)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 13-01-2017 at 14:52.

I'm Ben.

Im very interested in this. What would I need to do to use this with my standard sl1210 please? Im not electrically or technically minded so I guess I'd need someone to install / connect it would I ?
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Im very interested in this. What would I need to do to use this with my standard sl1210 please? Im not electrically or technically minded so I guess I'd need someone to install / connect it would I ?
    Hi Ben,
    I followed the How to Connect an External Dc Supply to the SL-1200/1210 thread http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8118 in Techiepedia under The Hottest Technics SL-1200/1210 Topics can be found here!

To be honest if you are not 'electrically or technically' minded I wouldn't tackle it yourself.
    There is bound to be someone competent where you are, who will have done this if you post a thread - fitting isnt hard.
    All the best
    Rob

I'm Robert.

BUMP !!

£225 Delivered - Bargain, cant say fairer than that

I'm Robert.

BUMP !

I'm Robert.

BUMP ! - Very surprised no takers yet actually.

I would have bitten the hand off for one like this at this price when i started modding my Techie.

I'm Mike.

I'm tempted, but wonder will it make any real difference to my 1210. Speak me.

I'm Kevin.

It gets rid of a nasty transformer just below the platter, which in many people's opinions makes a noticeable difference.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

If I it's anything like fitting My Paul Hynes PSU then it's simple enough, I know nothing about electronics and managed no problem, my son in law had to solder 2 wires into the board for me was all. All I did was remove a couple of bits and pieces as described in the Techiepedia section.

Might be an idea to show the how it's connected to the TT.

I'm Robert.

Bumpety Bump !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast