+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live albums

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post
    Good for you! Did you see them as acoustic duo or full band? First time for me was acoustic, but way loud. It was the most dynamic live experience I've ever had. Lost track of how many times I've seen them now. I use the Shepherds Bush album as a reference for my system and the room acoustics; I went to that gig and there was a very special and memorable 'tension' in the air, something like playing a quiet track loud on a system with a low noise floor, it was palpable and when I reproduce that effect then I feel I'm getting the event reproduced, more than just the acoustic of the venue.
    I saw them at Mean Fidler when it was still in Harlesden as a Acoustic Duo If you like the guitar work check out Rodrigp Y Gabriele No vocals but great live band
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lou Reed - 'Rock n Roll Animal'

This version of 'Sweet Jane' gives me a hairs on the back of the neck moment. The band on this album were the Alice Cooper band. Dick Wagner & Steve Hunter - two great guitarists who've gone by almost unnoticed.
    Lord I hate this recording! Sorry! Not for Lou Reed, but for the backing guitars. They have a sound that is so early '80s, that I find it unlistenable.

Don't worry - it's just me.

Regards
    Barry

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by barry.d.hunt View Post
    Don't worry - it's just me.

Regards
    I know!!
    The thing is it was made in 1973 - must have been before it's time! That anthemic thing did become a little passe by the 80's.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I know!!
    The thing is it was made in 1973 - must have been before it's time! That anthemic thing did become a little passe by the 80's.
    Maybe I should have said early '70s, but whatever you know what I mean. If it is 1973, then maybe it's more of a glam rock sound - but then I never liked glam rock anyway (apart from Roxy Music and some Bowie).

Regards
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I saw them at Mean Fidler when it was still in Harlesden as a Acoustic Duo If you like the guitar work check out Rodrigp Y Gabriele No vocals but great live band

Thanks John, I'll take some of that!

To return the favour, a must-have CD is the eponymous Salinas by Luis Salinas. Show-off quality recording, exquisite acoustic guitar work and arrangements that engross you completely. Probably my most played CD ever and after quite a few years I still play this one more than any other.
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

I'm ILOB.

Thank you [I] check it out
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm ILOB.

Here is another gift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123