+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't gonna post this...

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Being the curious sort, I looked into the "researxch Synergystic Research was speaking about (and you alluded to) and checked the detail of what you posted Andrew...

As you said, what you quoted just there is not remotely related with SR Black fuses and in fact has "fuck all" (as they say) to do with the subject being discussed, and is (in fact) for a completely different product.

I looked into that product: http://www.synergisticresearch.com/n...ct-atmosphere/
    And the "research" they were quoting came direct from NASA.
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/s...her/index.html

Low hanging fruit huh?
    Easy to draw the wrong inference, especially if it makes you entertaining.

As Marco touched on, At least your getting your jollys, that's what matters.

Ffs.
    Can't you read his quote?

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Here's some "info" from the website of one the fancy fuse manufacturers (about one of their other products)
    He doesn't say it's about fuses. He does say it's about one of their other products.

Bollocks is bollocks. People (as Andrew points out) can make of it what they will.

I'm Gary.

Yes, Yes I can.
    Reread it, realised my mistake and edited my post accordingly.

Assuming you never reread mine.
    Bollocks is indeed bollocks...no argument here with that.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Can't you read his quote?

He doesn't say it's about fuses. He does say it's about one of their other products.

Bollocks is bollocks. People (as Andrew points out) can make of it what they will.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Dennis.

In any area of life where there is a desire for fulfilling a need, we get;

(a) Things we want and get,

(b) Things we want and don't get,

(c) Things we don't want and do get, and,

(d) Things we don't want and don't get.

Scientific method has arrived at some verifiable truths after many years of work, but they are a work in progress and we are far from understanding very much.

So we use the science as a starting point, and then experiment further, but the results are difficult to verify because the arbiter is our own hearing experience, which has to be subjective.

If we meet others, we have the problems of ego defensiveness which are all pervasive because of our imprinted culture of competition and 'one-upmanship'.

Wouldn't it be great to be wealthy enough to hire a hotel for the weekend and all meet, with a room for each system, and just relax, put aside all that cultural alienation, try to get over ourselves and lower our defences, and try in all humility to express opinions, and determine a consensus of truth?

I'm Grant.

Bottom line is he and others here think its a worthwhile upgrade so fine. I'm happy for them. Its their money after all. Cannot see what all the fuss is about tbh.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Yes, Yes I can.
    Reread it, realised my mistake and edited my post accordingly.

Assuming you never reread mine.
    Not quick enough

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Cannot see what all the fuss is about tbh.
    Nor can I. But then, I've not read the thread.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Not quick enough
    Ha!
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

We just like music and banter here Dennis...

What makes this forum a wee bit special is that that shared experience you speak about is bourne out in real life.
    Made a few good friends from contact here and larger organised get togethers show that your not the only nutter in the house!
    Lots more like us into the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    In any area of life where there is a desire for fulfilling a need, we get;

(a) Things we want and get,

(b) Things we want and don't get,

(c) Things we don't want and do get, and,

(d) Things we don't want and don't get.

Scientific method has arrived at some verifiable truths after many years of work, but they are a work in progress and we are far from understanding very much.

So we use the science as a starting point, and then experiment further, but the results are difficult to verify because the arbiter is our own hearing experience, which has to be subjective.

If we meet others, we have the problems of ego defensiveness which are all pervasive because of our imprinted culture of competition and 'one-upmanship'.

Wouldn't it be great to be wealthy enough to hire a hotel for the weekend and all meet, with a room for each system, and just relax, put aside all that cultural alienation, try to get over ourselves and lower our defences, and try in all humility to express opinions, and determine a consensus of truth?
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Cannot see what all the fuss is about tbh.
    Cannot see what all the fuse is about, meself.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Cannot see what all the fuse is about, meself.
    Boom tish!
    Here all week, remember and tip the Waitress...
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast