+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't gonna post this...

I'm Gary.

No harm done Marco, water off a ducks back.

Wasn't even going to go back on tbh, but I was invited by a long term member over there (in good humour) to share my opinions on my SR fuse.
    No harm done why not I thought.
    That same guy...was booted by the Forum owner Saturday night for coming to my defence in giving my opinion when asked for it.
    His posts were edited/deleted to suit. Says it all really

I went to the bother of testing something and giving my opinion for Forum owner RE: the fuse.
    Not my idea was reluctant but did it as a favour to him.
    As a favour (cos he asked nice) as I didnt want to potentially damage my kit was reluctant...but he insisted.
    Not so much a thankyou...sheesh. Guess he didn't approve?
    I was a liar, a scam, shilling for God knows who, having a breakdown...all different flavours of silly.
    Pretty personal no?

Despite attempting civilised connersation in the face of that, even my patience has limits.
    I'm pretty sure the Gov'ner over there might be a bit less bolshy face to face...

Anyway, moving on, haters gonna hate as they say.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 16-01-2017 at 19:22.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Kevin.

I don't know why you guys waste time caring about what that lot think?
    Life is too short.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rich.

Sadly it is akin to peeing in the wind....
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Josie.

So to sum it up then, Gary & Jerry. (You will be making Ice-Cream next )

For £90 per fuse... would you say it's definitely worth the outlay? I've tried IC's in the past which cost more and yet never really yielded decent SPPV so this is why I'm picking your brains.

And Jerry, will you be ordering more for your other plugs?

I'd be interested to know if the mains fuse in the plugs are the best place to start, it's certainly the easiest.

IMO I must say the picture painted looks solid enough to give at least one a go. I use Mark Grant DSP 2.5 leads which are great, would these be ok to pop in a 13A fuse?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

For £90 per fuse... would you say it's definitely worth the outlay? I've tried IC's in the past which cost more and yet never really yielded decent SPPV so this is why I'm picking your brains.

I'd be interested to know if the mains fuse in the plugs are the best place to start, it's certainly the easiest.

IMO I must say the picture painted looks solid enough to give at least one a go. I use Mark Grant DSP 2.5 leads which are great, would these be ok to pop in a 13A fuse?
    Definately worth it, I have replaced two internal fuses and as Jerry said...whoosh.
    I've squite a lot more and got less improvement...dont think of it as a fuse, it helps!
    The SRs come in different ratings, just get one the same as what you want to replace Jo.
    Assuming 13A in MGs cable?
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Definately worth it, I have replaced two internal fuses and as Jerry said...whoosh.
    I've squite a lot more and got less improvement...dont think of it as a fuse, it helps!
    The SRs come in different ratings, just get one the same as what you want to replace Jo.
    Assuming 13A in MGs cable?
    Cool, thanks.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Gary.

Squite?
    Pesky autocorrect..
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post

I previously posted my immediate reaction.

I've now had a few hours of play (and so has the fuse) and I am even more enamoured with it than before.
    It's quite striking listening to old music faves anew - it really is like a pukka component upgrade.
    Stupid money for a fuse, but very good vfm for a system upgrade!

So yes, I will be getting more.
    But not straight away - I'll enjoy the current fuse upgrade (pun intended ) for a while, then get another when I fancy squeezing a bit more music out of the system.

I'm Adam.

Chaps, mention was made earlier in the thread about replacing a fuse with a piece of copper bar. If this wasn't said in jest (and I sincerely hope it was), may I implore you all not to go down this route? Whether you think different fuses make a difference or not, the fact is they are there for a reason. To bypass them in this manner is foolish at best and downright dangerous at worst.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Glad somebody said that!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast