+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasn't gonna post this...

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Thanks.
    If I do a mains cable, I guess the first one is the one feeding my mains regenerator?
    Yes, I would do that. My jaw drop moment was with replacing the fuse in the plug from the wall feeding my mains block which feeds my system.
    I guess the power from the wall is the first 'choke point'.
    Last edited by jandl100; 13-02-2017 at 08:53.
    Jerry

Main systems:
    Spotify Premium streaming, Xiang Sheng DAC-01A. Alternating amp setups: Nobsound NS-02G power amp & Philips Black Tulip 270 pre / Philips 380 power amp. Speakers: MBL 116F. Atratus3 i/c & Western Electric 16GA spkr cables. Missing Link Cryo Ref and Nordost Magus power cables

Headphones: AKG 551, JBL Synchros S700, B&O H6, PSB M4U-1,Beyerdynamic DT-150, B&O Form 2 & 2a B&O U70, and Sony XBA-H1 & SoundMagic E10 IEM headphones

2nd system: Pioneer DVD transport, Rotel RP-3000 tt / Goldring Eroica LX, Audiolab MDAC, Philips 370 power amp, Klegg Symphony 102 speakers

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford.T Ward View Post
    If there is a scientific effect I'd be interested to see what members thought it might be

for example

better electrical conductivity

some phenominia conected with the transmission of frequency

an indirect effect on other components?
    I think you just need to picture the wire in a normal fuse - often thinner than a human hair. In any other situation such as water flowing in a pipe, light down a tunnel, people rushing through a narrow doorway, etc that would be bad.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Yes, I would do that. My jaw drop moment was with replacing the fuse in the plug from the wall feeding my mains block which feeds my system.
    I guess the power from the wall is the first 'choke point'.
    Which fuses are you using Jerry?
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Which fuses are you using Jerry?
    SR Black 13A fuses in mains plugs - 1 at the wall which feeds my ProJect Connect-It mains block (superb, btw!) and 1 in the cable feeding my power amp. I tried the 2nd fuse in my pre-amp's mains cable first but that didn't seem to make any improvement.
    Jerry

Main systems:
    Spotify Premium streaming, Xiang Sheng DAC-01A. Alternating amp setups: Nobsound NS-02G power amp & Philips Black Tulip 270 pre / Philips 380 power amp. Speakers: MBL 116F. Atratus3 i/c & Western Electric 16GA spkr cables. Missing Link Cryo Ref and Nordost Magus power cables

Headphones: AKG 551, JBL Synchros S700, B&O H6, PSB M4U-1,Beyerdynamic DT-150, B&O Form 2 & 2a B&O U70, and Sony XBA-H1 & SoundMagic E10 IEM headphones

2nd system: Pioneer DVD transport, Rotel RP-3000 tt / Goldring Eroica LX, Audiolab MDAC, Philips 370 power amp, Klegg Symphony 102 speakers

I'm James.

May give the SR fuses try Jerry, could be better than the HiFi -Tuning fuse I tried previously. May concentrate on power amps first.
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    May give the SR fuses try Jerry, could be better than the HiFi -Tuning fuse I tried previously. May concentrate on power amps first.
    More SR Blacks on their way to Gaz Towers...
    Sent from my ZX81 using Sinclair Basic

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Will replacing the fuses in the Alfa make it drive better?
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

I'm Steve.

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Will replacing the fuses in the Alfa make it drive better?
    Lol... It might make it more reliable.
    Preamplifier: Croft Epoch Elite - Dual external PSU & Upgrades
    Amplifier: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp No. 5 using KT150's
    Digital: Raspberry Pi & ALLO Piano DAC & KALI - IQAudio DAC with SBooster Linear BOBW PSU & Trio DP700 CDP
    Turntable: Thorens TD124 MkII - Schopper refurbished
    Tonearm: SME 3009 S2 None Improved - Audio Origami modified
    Cartridge: Ortofon SPU GT
    Speakers: 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lockwood Majors with Tannoyista Spec 3 crossovers
    Cables/Mains: Mark Grant Black Series mains cables & 6-Way power bar
    Cables/IC's: Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper + Custom made Silver/Gold interconnects
    Mains Other: Tube Distinctions/Mark Grant 'The Power Works' Digital noise mains power filter TD2414-MG - Nick Gorham DC Blocker unit constructed by Mark Grant

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Weeeelll, all I can say is I've had three Alfas, and all were as reliable as a bag full of reliable things..
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast