+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't gonna post this...

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

I have to agree with others here ie; with what's been written on that website, concerning the reasoning behind the fuse affect, and solar radiation etc.
    I despair when I read this stuff, I realy do.
    I will share one instance of what these "marketing Guru's" are capable of, this was brought to my attention by a good friend of mine, who works at an EMC test facility, I am not sure why it was brought to his attention, but that's not relevent here.
    Anyway, aparently' one of the well known HI FI tweak suppliers, not going to mention the name, [but safe to say; the letters R,and A, are relevent] were selling, and promoting a mains fuse, with a fancy label, and hyped with the usual marketing spiel, however; once the label was removed, It turned out to be a standard MK 13amp fuse!
    Full marks for their entrepreneurial skills!
    Just be wary folks.
    And I stick by my reasoning, if a fuse has any affect on your systems sonic performance, then its more than likely due to the fact that it no longer adheres to the breaking characteristics of the original fuse type it has replaced!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I am surprised to see you using a ZX81. What is wrong with the ZX80, and why did you feel the need to upgrade?
    The '81 was black and matched the rest of my Kit.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I have to agree with others here ie; with what's been written on that website, concerning the reasoning behind the fuse affect, and solar radiation etc.
    I despair when I read this stuff, I realy do.
    Careful now, you're in serious danger of being accused of not having an open mind.
    Besides, these guys have done research - it's even mentioned in their name.

I'm Gary.

Laugh away
    SR's done a piss poor job here and a big chunk of that is marketing bullshit imo...but remember that none of that actually has anything to do with how your system can sound after you fit them?

Up to the individual of course, their own system, sensibilities n priorities n stuff.
    Some folk just dont want to go there and thats fine, lots of room for both camps.

Wouldn't have entertained spending 9 pence never mind £90 if I couldn't at least try them first with no financial hit.
    (I'm cynical too you see)

All good.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

The marketing bullshit from SR on this product is indeed laughable, and seemingly designed to 'impress' the gullible and easily led. It's that kind of meaningless technobabble that does a gross disservice to the subjectivist cause.

However, the problem too is that some folk seemingly can't resist ridiculing that which doesn't fit with their 'world view'. It's the basis on which all ill-feeling and fallouts on forums stems from.

Remember that what makes YOU feel good, might subsequently piss off another perfectly decent person, and a valued member of the forum, who's only 'crime' is to believe in something you don't. Some here would do well to consider that in future, instead of just considering what's best for No1

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    (I'm cynical too you see)
    Sceptical, surely, not cynical? Scepticism is healthy, cynicism very often isn't.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

I like a good mix of both.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I prefer employing a (genuinely) open mind, mixed with a healthy does of scepticism. The problem is, some folks who think they're openminded are actually far from it!

Their (deeply-ingrained) belief system/dogma often prevents it from happening

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like a good mix of both.
    Wot he said.
    Seen a lot of shite spoken in this hobby of ours over the years!

Always prefer to try things for myself in my own system.
    What you reads only a starting point?
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-03-2017 at 16:03.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Gary.

Being the curious sort, I looked into the "research" Synergystic Research was speaking about (and you alluded to) and checked the detail of what you posted Andrew...

As you said, what you quoted just there is not remotely related with SR Black fuses and in fact has "fuck all" (as they say) to do with the subject being discussed, and is (in fact) for a completely different product.

I looked into that product: http://www.synergisticresearch.com/n...ct-atmosphere/
    And the "research" they were quoting came direct from NASA.
    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/s...her/index.html

Low hanging fruit huh?
    Easy to draw the wrong inference, especially if it makes you entertaining.

As Marco touched on, At least your getting your jollys, that's what matters.

Ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Here's some "info" from the website of one the fancy fuse manufacturers (about one of their other products):
    "So we began researching variables that could contribute to the mystery of midnight vs. mid-day system performance and came to the conclusion that man-made and solar RF must play a significant role. This led us to research of factors that contribute to fluctions in the Earth’s ambient RF environment. Ted reasoned that if differences in RF can degrade the sound, then RF can be modeled and shaped to improve the sound.
    There are three major disturbances on the Sun that affect radio propagation here on Earth. Solar Flares, Coronal Holes, and Sudden Disappearing Filament (SDF). Each disturbance causes both electromagnetic radiation and ejection of material from the Sun that alters RF on Earth. What we looked at was how each of these disturbances affects our RF environment during the day vs late at night with the intention to mimic late night conditions to improve sound mid-day..."

And it goes on. Make of it what you will.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 24-03-2017 at 18:36.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread