+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: Art Audio KT88 Triode monoblocks

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Can these be wired for pentode or were they designed for triode operation?
    I think they can be rewired. They will sound better in triode mode, so I was led to believe. I presume your Tannoys are around 95db, so don't know why you would need the extra power. Depending where in Berkshire you are, I'm about an hour away in London N3.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    I'm just thinking out loud. This sort of pair is utterly perfect for Tannoys and therefore worthy of drooling over, but I've already picked up an stopgap EL34 amp for while Will does my Radford restoration ... so I'll regrettably pass.

Hey I drove to France in the holidays to pick up the EAR 912. Ade - you are just not dedicated enough!
    If I was still into component audio I'd drive to France for an EAR 912. Just about as good an active pre-amp as there is.

I'm Adrian.

Hahaha Tom im dedicated but don't drive!

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Mike.

These are easily convertible to Pentode Tom.

I had the stereo version of them with my Reds/Tom's GRFs and it was a great match, these would be even better I suspect.

I did seriously consider buying them from Steven myself about a year ago but with my RAs they drive really well off 8w of SET (and even better from the 18w of BP I now have) I didn't know that at the time and it took a lot of arranging to hear

These really are first class, GLWS
    StSt Motus DQ + SME 312 'MB Special'
    Transfix Axia / HM7
    Art Audio Vinyl 1 Ref
    Modified Mac Mini/Weiss DAC 202
    SJS Model 2
    BP P20 (SJS upgraded)
    Trenner and Friedl RA
    [/SIZE]

I'm Steven.

Given recent chat about kt88 octets and wanting to try a valve amp, time for a bump.

I'm Geoff.

Wow. I'm very surprised these have not sold. They are truly gorgeous. Great price too.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Wow. I'm very surprised these have not sold. They are truly gorgeous. Great price too.
    Adey has his eye on them, but he seems to get tempted by new kit on a regular and frequent basis!

I got a nice deal on my new set-up, so I reduced the price on these to shift them, as I had them made and know the cost involved, they really are a bargain.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    Adey has his eye on them, but he seems to get tempted by new kit on a regular and frequent basis!

I got a nice deal on my new set-up, so I reduced the price on these to shift them, as I had them made and know the cost involved, they really are a bargain.

I guess he owns a money tree

S.

I'm Adrian.

If adey had a money tree he'd have these without thinking. But like most folks I have a finite playpot of money and as i noticed a slight problem with my Allaerts cart decided that getting it sorted (expensive and drawn out) and buying a replacement cart was a direction i had to go in. My Cary's are long in the tooth and in need of a service though they sound great - my original plan for this year's playpot was to have them serviced and buy amps to do stand in duty - but without a cart there would be no music.

Being who I am I couldn't just buy a make do kind of cart while the allaerts is away and ended up with the Miyajima because Hugo had it on offer. Of course this has led to a search for a SUT. None of this was the plan before Christmas. Had the allaerts not needed a look at there would be 2 fantastic shiny amps in my system right now.

In perpetual pursuit.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    If adey had a money tree he'd have these without thinking. But like most folks I have a finite playpot of money and as i noticed a slight problem with my Allaerts cart decided that getting it sorted (expensive and drawn out) and buying a replacement cart was a direction i had to go in. My Cary's are long in the tooth and in need of a service though they sound great - my original plan for this year's playpot was to have them serviced and buy amps to do stand in duty - but without a cart there would be no music.

Being who I am I couldn't just buy a make do kind of cart while the allaerts is away and ended up with the Miyajima because Hugo had it on offer. Of course this has led to a search for a SUT. None of this was the plan before Christmas. Had the allaerts not needed a look at there would be 2 fantastic shiny amps in my system right now.

In perpetual pursuit.
    So that's a NO !?!

How do you align a cartridge that looks like a sawn-off conker?

Your pursuit is indeed likely to be perpetual. Hope the sun is shining your way, freezing over here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast