+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Art Audio KT88 Triode monoblocks

I'm Steven.

Default FS: Art Audio KT88 Triode monoblocks

These were listed a long time ago, now back up for sale at a reduced price.

[/url]

They are about 35w to 40wpc. Sound very similar to my previous 300B SET, just more power (which was the idea), but not enough for my Harbeth speakers.

I had them fully rebuilt with new Sowter transformers, caps, 4 and 8 ohm taps, new matched octet of valves, cases polished etc, as new, then used about 6 months.

Would cost around 5,500 to 6,000.

Aries - Devialet 250 Pro - Harbeth SHL5+
    Aries Mini - Audiolab M-One - Harbeth P3ESR

I'm Josie.

Ooh.. very nice.

I bet they sounds superb too!
    Preamplifier: Croft Epoch Elite - Dual external PSU & Upgrades
    Amplifier: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp No. 5 using KT150's
    Digital: Raspberry Pi & ALLO Piano DAC & KALI - IQAudio DAC with SBooster Linear BOBW PSU & Trio DP700 CDP
    Turntable: Thorens TD124 MkII - Schopper refurbished
    Tonearm: SME 3009 S2 None Improved - Audio Origami modified
    Cartridge: Ortofon SPU GT
    Speakers: 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lockwood Majors with Tannoyista Spec 3 crossovers
    Cables/Mains: Mark Grant Black Series mains cables & 6-Way power bar
    Cables/IC's: Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper + Custom made Silver/Gold interconnects
    Mains Other: Tube Distinctions/Mark Grant 'The Power Works' Digital noise mains power filter TD2414-MG - Nick Gorham DC Blocker unit constructed by Mark Grant

I'm Adrian.

If they're still around February I'll take them.

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Ooh.. very nice.

I bet they sounds superb too!
    They do, just need the right speakers.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    If they're still around February I'll take them.

Adey

You'll be doing my loft a favour. PM me your intentions about logistics - are you in Spain permanently?

I'm Adrian.

Yup I live here. Let's see if they get snapped up - I wouldn't be surprised.

Adey

I'm Steven.

Yup I live here. Let's see if they get snapped up - I wouldn't be surprised.

Adey

I saw you commenting the other day on Mike Adams preferring KT88 in triode mode to 300B SET. He has a point, these are excellent amps and half the price of the SET they replaced (which I sold for about 4,500, I seem to recall, with old valves).

He also had a Vinyl 1 reference, I also have one for sale with a line input, I might list that here as well.

If you buy, how were you planning to get them to Spain? They are very well packed and double-boxed, but pretty big and heavy.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by SLS View Post
    I saw you commenting the other day on Mike Adams preferring KT88 in triode mode to 300B SET. He has a point, these are excellent amps and half the price of the SET they replaced (which I sold for about 4,500, I seem to recall, with old valves).

He also had a Vinyl 1 reference, I also have one for sale with a line input, I might list that here as well.

If you buy, how were you planning to get them to Spain? They are very well packed and double-boxed, but pretty big and heavy.

Can these be wired for pentode or were they designed for triode operation?
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Kansui, Zero Mono and Premium 78, Ikeda 9TT, Ortofon SPU Royal N and SPU Mono GM MkII, and GE VX II vintage mono; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport and RPI2 with HifiBerry Digi+ board, heavily upgraded Audio Note Kit DAC.

'Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang der ist ein Narr sein Leben lang.'

I'm Adrian.

UPS. Not cheap but reliable. If Tom is interested I'd be happy for him to snap them up...

Adey

I'm Tom.

UPS. Not cheap but reliable. If Tom is interested I'd be happy for him to snap them up...

Adey

I'm just thinking out loud. This sort of pair is utterly perfect for Tannoys and therefore worthy of drooling over, but I've already picked up an stopgap EL34 amp for while Will does my Radford restoration ... so I'll regrettably pass.

Hey I drove to France in the holidays to pick up the EAR 912. Ade - you are just not dedicated enough!
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Kansui, Zero Mono and Premium 78, Ikeda 9TT, Ortofon SPU Royal N and SPU Mono GM MkII, and GE VX II vintage mono; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport and RPI2 with HifiBerry Digi+ board, heavily upgraded Audio Note Kit DAC.

'Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang der ist ein Narr sein Leben lang.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast