+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Lurker signing in

  1. #11
    Join Date: Feb 2012

    Location: Falun, Sweden

    Posts: 2,156
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Welcome Ash! Thats a very nice little pile of Schiit!
    As a newb in the Schiit territory, but quite experienced headphones user, i can only say; audition the Schiit Jotunheim with your 650's, preferably with a balanced cable conversion!
    I bought mine with the phono option, mad performance for pocket change!

    Anyways, welcome!

  2. #12
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Corby, UK

    Posts: 45
    I'm Ash.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Welcome Ash! Thats a very nice little pile of Schiit!
    As a newb in the Schiit territory, but quite experienced headphones user, i can only say; audition the Schiit Jotunheim with your 650's, preferably with a balanced cable conversion!
    I bought mine with the phono option, mad performance for pocket change!

    Anyways, welcome!
    Thanks. Was thinking of getting the Lyr as I wanted a valve amp. I'll look into the Jotenheim for sure.... Finding a place to audition this stuff is really difficult

    Who does balanced cables for the HD 650?

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Corby, UK

    Posts: 45
    I'm Ash.

    Default

    Hi Moderators

    I didn't know where else to post this...
    Where would be the best place to ask who best to approach to get my Technics SL1210 Mk2 serviced and perhaps have some upgrades done?
    Related posts all seemed DIY by clearly really talented folk... I'm actually looking for someone to do the necessary work for me.

    Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Ash

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 32,951
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Try the technipedia in analogue. Someone there should know
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

  5. #15
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Corby, UK

    Posts: 45
    I'm Ash.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Try the technipedia in analogue. Someone there should know
    Thanks!

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date: Feb 2012

    Location: Falun, Sweden

    Posts: 2,156
    I'm Mike.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_R View Post
    Thanks. Was thinking of getting the Lyr as I wanted a valve amp. I'll look into the Jotenheim for sure.... Finding a place to audition this stuff is really difficult

    Who does balanced cables for the HD 650?

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Apologies! Late as usual...
    Anyways, there are many options for balanced cables for the HD-650.
    Both your local dealer and all kinds of online suppliers have cables and adapters available. However, i would advise against using any form of balanced adapter with the Jotun as it actually is a fully balanced amp.
    Many people convert their original cable too.

    Just google "balanced cable Sennheiser HD-650" and you shall find!

  7. #17
    Join Date: Jan 2017

    Location: Corby, UK

    Posts: 45
    I'm Ash.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Apologies! Late as usual...
    Anyways, there are many options for balanced cables for the HD-650.
    Both your local dealer and all kinds of online suppliers have cables and adapters available. However, i would advise against using any form of balanced adapter with the Jotun as it actually is a fully balanced amp.
    Many people convert their original cable too.

    Just google "balanced cable Sennheiser HD-650" and you shall find!
    Thanks. "Better late than never"

    Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •