+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Control App for RPi3 and TIDAL

I'm Mike.

Just install MoOde or Runeaudio or Volumio or any of the other distros for the Pi and use an android phone or tablet with Bubble uPnP app and can control Tidal from that app and Tidal streams direct to the Pi ( ie: not Airplay )

You just choose whichever you've installed (MoOde etc) as the renderer (player) in Bubble and that's it.

Save you a fortune as the only cost with that setup after buying the Pi is about £4 for the full Bubble app

I'm on about my 4th trial with Roon and I'm still struggling to justify the cost of it if I buy it.

Free options aren't as slick but.....

I'm Marc.

Yeah, I'm a recent convert to the wonders of BubbleUpnp it really is very good.

There's also a mopidy plugin (called UMPDCLI) that turns mopidy in to DNLA renderer so you can stream in to it from your phone/device too.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    Thanks Mike
    I am terrible with PC computers, so to get it clear I can install Roon directly on the RPi3?
    and then just control it from the iPad and iPhone?

Also what is a NUC ? (sorry)
    Sorry pal, but running Roon Core on the Pi is not possible. And thats where the NUC comes in, its a small form factor low energy consuming platform, a bit like a MacMini if that makes sense.
    So, Roon is a bit complex and a bit more costly but well worth the effort if you like streaming as aconcept! I do!
    And yes, you need a reasonably new iPad/iPhone to control Roon (or a decent PC)

I'm Adam.

Thanks For the input Chaps

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Sorry pal, but running Roon Core on the Pi is not possible. And thats where the NUC comes in, its a small form factor low energy consuming platform, a bit like a MacMini if that makes sense.
    So, Roon is a bit complex and a bit more costly but well worth the effort if you like streaming as aconcept! I do!
    And yes, you need a reasonably new iPad/iPhone to control Roon (or a decent PC)
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12