+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musical Fidelity X-Can V2.......any thoughts?

I'm Ian.

Default Musical Fidelity X-Can V2.......any thoughts?

Has anyone out there any experience of these headphone amps?. I love the noise my MF A3 makes but it hasn't got headphone facilities and I would like to use headphones for my late night listening. Any other thoughts or recommendations would be welcome.
    My system; Toshiba SR-370/SME3009 S2/Ortofon 2M Black, Marantz CD6005, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Harbeth Compact 7, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Lawrence.

Can't be sure if the v2 is the same but my v3 was very good with the right headphones (warm sounding) and a bit thin sounding with the wrong ones (bright ones). This was helped with tube rolling but was basically the signature. I sold it in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Thanks Lawrence, good name that ( my middle name ). I've yet to buy any headphones so this gives me a direction to look in.
    My system; Toshiba SR-370/SME3009 S2/Ortofon 2M Black, Marantz CD6005, Musical Fidelity A3, Nakamichi CA-5E pre amp, Acoustic Solutions FM/DAB tuner, Harbeth Compact 7, Klotz MC5000/MS audio, NVA LS5

I'm Mike.

Have the V-Can 2 fed directly by an audiolab Q-Dac and driving Sennheiser HD600 cans and I'm very pleased with it.

I use cans a lot and have a wide variety of options to choose from including the headphone outputs from either the Q-Dac itself, an M-Audio sound mixer, a couple of CMoy amps or directly from my Quad 405-2 output (via a QED switcher) and the V-Can is definitely the best of the bunch.

Full and well balanced dynamics and a wide soundstage - makes me a happy chappy anyway ;>

I'm Grant.

Just recently went back to headphones and got a smsl m6 mini dac/amp. Have to say its very good with my at msr7 cans.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.5- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PIONEER SA8100 AMPLIFIER. - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

+ Reply to Thread