+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Musical Fidelity MC6 speakers

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by barbieboy View Post
    Surely it can't be that tricky to separate the tweeters ? But putting my ears up to the cones these speakers are a 3 way design
    Anything's easy if you know what you're doing... If you know how to trace through the crossover, reverse engineer it and analyse the design so you can recognise and separate the bass, mid and treble sections and their grounding regime then it's easy to do the job yes. Whether or not it's worth doing and would give any worthwhile benefit is another matter of course...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Marcus.

I went down the separate crossover route once before and was a pain in the ass to get right, don't think I ever did and flogged the lot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123