+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Musical Fidelity MC6 speakers

I'm Peter.

Default Musical Fidelity MC6 speakers

Anyone know anything about Musical Fidelity MC6 loudspeakers...? I know of a pair for sale going for a decent price, worth a punt I wonder ?

Any experience/thoughts/views appreciated.

Thanks;
    Peter
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Grant.

I heard a pair once many years ago. Looked interesting with drivers everywhere lol. quite big and efficient and sounded ok, without being great. Think they were fairly expencive in the day, but are probably worth 150 tops now.
    Regards,
    Grant

IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2 & I.SABRE DAC running MOODE 2.7-CHROMECAST2 AUDIO x2. - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1. - PIONEER 717 & MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC & CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE, POWERED BY LINEAR AND BATTERY PSU's - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Lawrence.

I had a pair of the earlier MC2 and MC4 speakers with the Elac metal dome tweeters the MC4s with the A100 amp was one of my favourite systems of all time and I sometimes feel the urge to try it again.

The MC6 is contemporary with the 3 way mark 2 MC4s which I have heard were terrible but I read that the MC6 was not so bad and should be worth a go at the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

I used to use several pairs of them when I worked for MF, for testing amps and as a background music system for the factory. I concur with Grant on them.... Nowt special.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Lawrence.

If it's the pair at Audio Emotion for 95 I would take a punt if I was local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread