+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jez arkless hybrid mc phonostage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm steven.

Default Jez arkless hybrid mc phonostage

Got the jez arkless hybrid mc phonostage on demo it's the prototype 1st impressions one word wow very even handed with music tonally lively but not bright or brash detail there in spades no colouration of the music whatever's on the album comes out as is listening to golden earring at the mo just sublime I'll give a more indepth review after a more extended listening session here's a pic for the perves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm steven.

Default Arkless hybrid phonostage

This phonostage just keeps giving.Currently listening to Thomas Dolby flat earth the track I scare myself the minutiae of detail coming through is astonishing the zyx cart I have is loaded at 110 ohms using loading plugs it's a high gain phono so my volume pot is at lower levels than normal.

I'm Jez.

Just wanted to point out to people that this is a prototype come demonstrator unit and although ahem... not cheap.. the shite fit and finish etc on this are due to it's prototype nature. The PSU, although in a basic looking box is superbly built (there are photos of its innards somewhere in my trade area), but the main amp has PCB's held down by hot melt glue etc... It's intended test the concept and demonstrate the sound quality but is light years off the aesthetic finish etc a customer could expect if actually ordering one of these
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm steven.

Default Arkless hybrid phonostage

Jez got al Vince and Pete coming over tomorrow night for a listening sesch so expect more comments on your phono and I'm telling you now they'll be favourable got some acid jazz on at the mo emperors new clothes super smooth sound lots of trumpet on the third track I swear it sounds like this guy with the trumpet is standing in front of me I'm gobsmacked.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Jez got al Vince and Pete coming over tomorrow night for a listening sesch so expect more comments on your phono and I'm telling you now they'll be favourable got some acid jazz on at the mo emperors new clothes super smooth sound lots of trumpet on the third track I swear it sounds like this guy with the trumpet is standing in front of me I'm gobsmacked.
    So you should be... It's a £2500 phono stage Have fun going back to the Primare

See this is how we dealers work... get em hooked and.....

Seriously though yeah I'm glad you're liking it and that Pete and Vince will be able to hear it and add their own reviews. Thanks for reviewing it at your own expense petrol wise as well Steve.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm steven.

Default Arkless hybrid phono

Gonna save ............... this year and next.It's right what they say when you've heard something this good you can't go back.Typical this bloke jez gives you a look in the sweet shop window then closes the bloody shop.

Inappropriate wording edited by me.
    Last edited by walpurgis; 11-01-2017 at 22:18.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky View Post
    Gonna save ................ this year and next.It's right what they say when you've heard something this good you can't go back.Typical this bloke jez gives you a look in the sweet shop window then closes the bloody shop.
    "Slave like a ................ For real?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by walpurgis; 12-01-2017 at 09:27.

I'm steven.

Still scratching my head to come up with any negatives for this phono

I'm Rich.

You've got a funny turn of phrase there Steve. Not entirely politically correct.

Nice to see you're having fun with the phono stage though.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm steven.

Yeah bit native with the description the politically correct brigade would have a field day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast