+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Valab DAC

I'm Richard.

Default FS: Valab DAC

SOLD
    I haven't used this since I bought the Teradak Chameleon (same designer) so I decided it should find a new home.
    If you aren't familiar with it, it is a TDA 1543 NOS DAC, liked by many for its "analogue" sound. I like them, my CD player and the Chameleon are both NOS designs.
    It is standard except for Takman carbon film I/V resistors and Valab 4.7uF polypropylene output caps. I tried a few I/V resistors and liked these, same with the caps. They are easy to change if you want to have a play. There are no leads included. All the leads I have cost more than this DAC! The mains input is a standard IEC socket.
    I have just had a listen and it's still pretty good. I haven't ever tried the optical input, but I assume it works; the coax and USB inputs are fine.
    I am asking for £80 inc. p&p.

Last edited by awkwardbydesign; 10-01-2017 at 21:00.

Bigman80 Guest

I use one of these and I'm over the moon with it. Cheap but was better than the DAC magic I heard. My opinion only of course. Very capable of creating a wonderfully detailed and rich sound. It does sound very "analogue" and never fatigues in long listening sessions. I play FLAC from my PC through it and I think it's exceptional.

GLWS

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

That will be nice... good price as they dont come up that often.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Very happy with mine Grant. Would have to be so special to dislodge it from my system.

I'm chris.

Another fan --- infact I sold mine to Oli (above) only as I have picked up a custom made design from a v good Chinese co ....... but if this hangs around for too long I'll buy it myself as another 'back up' .... well worth a try for anyone who hasn't tried one ...... GLWTS

montesquieu Guest

I had one of these too and rather rated it, at £80 it's a total bargain.

I'm chris.

apologies to all --- but I'm going to take it if still available but only if someone who hasn't tried one before is not just about to jump .... PM sent

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hughandella View Post
    apologies to all --- but I'm going to take it if still available but only if someone who hasn't tried one before is not just about to jump .... PM sent
    Lol. Nothing says "I miss this" like buying another one

I'm Richard.

SOLD

I'm chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lol. Nothing says "I miss this" like buying another one

indeed mate - i told you i wasn't just saying i liked it ....... only other same vfm ratio I've found is NVA - this is worth a try [link removed] but dont buy it on there - message me direct, owner?designer is a 'challenge' but he does make some great gear at a great price --- this and the valeb are in same mould affordability wise ...
    Last edited by Marco; 11-01-2017 at 12:35. Reason: Link removed due to blatant promotion of NVA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast