+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just your wallet! Remember it fell on the floor, when you were boogying away to The Nolan Sisters?

Must've loosened summit then........

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

The Windmill was ideal as both a room and venue overall. It was more good luck than management me securing that gaff. The manageress seemed t take on board my proposal (with regards to Nebo that is) and as Macca pointed out she acknowledged the benefit of having a room that would have been empty all day filled with people buying beer, snacks, meals and hiring out rooms. I managed to pull this off twice before The Windmill was bought out by the Sambuca franchise. I attempted to book Sambuca's for NEBO 6 to no avail. They fobbed me off by telling me that the rooms we had used previously were to be turned into bedrooms which they never were. I was told that the previous manageress had taken up residency in the pub with the evil acoustics and bouncy floor (The Schooner). After dropping by one lunchtime i manages to work my irresistible charm on her again and the rest is history. In a fit of desperation and being unable to find another location for Nebo 7 i decided to try my luck again. This time it was a new manager who informed me that she had been given the boot due to trying to beat up the chef. Mmmm, what to do?
    My daughter told me about The Chimneys which seemed ideal which as those who attended would agree that it was. However, the landlady proved to be somewhat of an adventure to deal with and she tried to f..k me over on three occasions prior to Nebo 7 actually taking place. You have no idea how relieved i was when i got there that morning and assisted people setting up. Pheeeew!
    As we all know Nebo is now under new management and having heard about the happenings via this thread it comes as no surprise to me that the wench at The Chimneys proved so unreliable. I really did have to play hard ball with her. This leaves Rich with a right headache but fear not. A suitable venue will be found.

I'm Steve.

Gawd no! tell me it wasn't The Nolans? I was a bit fuzzy at that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just your wallet! Remember it fell on the floor, when you were boogying away to The Nolan Sisters?

Must've loosened summit then........

Marco.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    You insinuating i'm hefty like?
    Not at all mate, but then none of the NEBO crowd are exactly poster boys for slimmers world are they.

(with the possible exception of Macca of course)
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Martin.

I eat donuts for breakfast
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I eat donuts for breakfast
    Good man

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Try the Eden arms in rushford mate
    This is quite close to me, happy to check it out if you want. It's close to the A1, but looks like it's been refurbished so might be expensive.

Gordon

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway Tree View Post
    This is quite close to me, happy to check it out if you want. It's close to the A1, but looks like it's been refurbished so might be expensive.

Gordon
    It's only a 2 star so should be ok, if not maybe try the Greenback hotel in Darlington or Hall Garth Golf and country club, Greenbank will be cheap but Hall Garth will suit Marco more.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfway Tree View Post

Gordon
    If you're passing Gordon pls take a look and let me know if it is worth further investigation.

Thanks

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    It's only a 2 star so should be ok, if not maybe try the Greenback hotel in Darlington or Hall Garth Golf and country club, Greenbank will be cheap but Hall Garth will suit Marco more.
    Thanks Mike, more for my list to check out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast