+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Steve.

I might just bring some LP's. I have nothing new to contribute. Alan T's reel to reel is by far better than my old Tascam so unless i acquire something intersting in the meantime i may well enjoy everyone else's stuff instead.
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 15-01-2017 at 23:29.

I'm Ken.

I will have my semi active three ways, but these only allow swap outs on the source and maybe the pre amp, as the 6 channel power amp is part of the active set up. Still, the option is there as I will be leaving late.

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Nice one Mick. Be good to meet the lad.

Always interesting to see what you've uncovered on your various forages mate. Did you ever get that old receiver we finished the night with the last time sorted. It did play music though... Good craic
    Hi Rich yep got it fettled and is now doing sterling work hooked to my Pioneer PL 630 t/t.It did sound canny ,late on in the procedings when things were coming to an end [notice I did not say "winding down"] at the last meet. Hope Alan brings the r2r suitably loaded with good tunes , told my lad about ,eager to hear it,and also hope Steve brings his homebrew PX amps ,raved about these also.If you want me to bring anything ,let me know[old stalwart Radford?] I will bring the 180g vinyl version of Devin Townsend that impressed at the mini NEBO we had at Jarrow . Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm steven.

Default Nebo 8

I am deffo bringing my thorens td160 super with mission 774 arm and zyx Yatra r100 mc cart

I'm Gary.

Sounding better and better Rich.
    Is anyone bringing efficient speakers?

My amp only puts out 8 watts, but well worth a listen with the Elrog 300B valves.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Hi Rich yep got it fettled and is now doing sterling work hooked to my Pioneer PL 630 t/t.It did sound canny ,late on in the procedings when things were coming to an end [notice I did not say "winding down"] at the last meet. Hope Alan brings the r2r suitably loaded with good tunes , told my lad about ,eager to hear it,and also hope Steve brings his homebrew PX amps ,raved about these also.If you want me to bring anything ,let me know[old stalwart Radford?] I will bring the 180g vinyl version of Devin Townsend that impressed at the mini NEBO we had at Jarrow . Mick
    The Radford is a bit of a NEBO favourite so I'd hope to see it again mate!

I've listened to that Devin unplugged album quite a few times now on Spotify. Such a splendid recording of some very moving songs.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Sounding better and better Rich.
    Is anyone bringing efficient speakers?

My amp only puts out 8 watts, but well worth a listen with the Elrog 300B valves.
    I'll have a pair of RS3 and without speaking for other attendees I know there will be some very efficient design speakers there.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Micky.

Thanks for invite Rich.. I'll certainly be there ,hopefully someone Midlands way can arrange a car share with my mate Mark
    (Divedeepdog) who had the Sony turntable at the SEBO ,he lives in Derby very near the M1

I'm Steve.

Always good to see you Micky. Mark's Sony is rather nice. he's a great bloke too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickyricky View Post
    Thanks for invite Rich.. I'll certainly be there ,hopefully someone Midlands way can arrange a car share with my mate Mark
    (Divedeepdog) who had the Sony turntable at the SEBO ,he lives in Derby very near the M1

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Get Nebo

Under new management.
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 15-01-2017 at 23:23. Reason: clarification of intent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast