+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I neglected to mention that I recieved a message from Les Wolstenholme just prior to Nebo 8 informing that he was unable to attend due to health reasons rendering him unable to travel. Needless to say he was missed and send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Seconded. Wish Les a speedy recovery.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm John.

Bit late getting back to this thread but I've been super busy.

What a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Massive thanks to Rich, Steve and Ken in particular for organising and bringing lots of big, awkward gear.

I'd never heard a DD turntable before and got to hear two at NEBO. I was really taken back with their relentless, propulsive sound.

The big Technics CD player was awesome what a big cool looking bit of kit.

Steve's Heco's were a perfect match for that big room and drove it like a PA system.

Never heard my power amp sound as good as when fed by Mik Rik'd Yaqin valve preamp and I was knocked out by his Radford amp. The bass drive coming off it was awesome. Some 15watter!

The Firebottle really motored on the ZZ Top LP. Rhythm section sounded like a big Diesel engine purring - chunky!

Peter's Rega Isis was a beaut too as was Ken's TT.

But above all the great gear meeting the people was by far the best experience of the lot. What a genuine, sincere bunch of fellas. So glad I made it and got to spend th day with you all. It was a blast.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJo View Post
    Bit late getting back to this thread but I've been super busy.

What a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Massive thanks to Rich, Steve and Ken in particular for organising and bringing lots of big, awkward gear.

I'd never heard a DD turntable before and got to hear two at NEBO. I was really taken back with their relentless, propulsive sound.

The big Technics CD player was awesome what a big cool looking bit of kit.

Steve's Heco's were a perfect match for that big room and drove it like a PA system.

Never heard my power amp sound as good as when fed by Mik Rik'd Yaqin valve preamp and I was knocked out by his Radford amp. The bass drive coming off it was awesome. Some 15watter!

The Firebottle really motored on the ZZ Top LP. Rhythm section sounded like a big Diesel engine purring - chunky!

Peter's Rega Isis was a beaut too as was Ken's TT.

But above all the great gear meeting the people was by far the best experience of the lot. What a genuine, sincere bunch of fellas. So glad I made it and got to spend th day with you all. It was a blast.
    Pleasure to meet you John and enjoy a few beers n laughs. That Primaluna amp of yours left an impression on me. Ballsy but controlled, bags of class and finesse but not at the expense of fun. Very nice.

Thanks again for making the journey. Perhaps we'll see you again in future.

ATB.

R

I'm John.

Cheers Rich, sorry I missed you checking out.

Thanks for the craic.

Would love to get to NEBO again, we'll see what happens.

John

I'm Grant.

I changed a pic in page 30 think it was floydroid that posted it... I went to the location and then posted the direct code. picture is back.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Oh right
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I changed a pic in page 30 think it was floydroid that posted it... I went to the location and then posted the direct code. picture is back.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Oh right
    dont know for how long tho.. soe that I tried to renew on site have reverted and some have stayed. Not sure how Bucket are bringing it in.. my photos with the are all still there. I dont have many with the but all are ok so far.
    PS google photos can be used too. I just tried it lol as can a newcomer cubeupload.com
    Last edited by struth; 03-07-2017 at 07:03.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Question

Eh?

I'm Rich.

I'm Mike.

Quick question, was there no NEBO 2018 ?

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast