+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Rich.

Default 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

Starting a new thread to confirm date and venue for NEBO 8.

Saturday 6th May 2017

The Chimneys Hotel
    East Street
    Blackhall Colliery
    Hartlepool
    TS27 4HA

10am til closing time

Since it worked well the last time I've gone for the same venue. Food and drink is available at very reasonable prices all day long.

Accommodation is available onsite for those who want to make a night of it at the rate of £40 for a single room or £70 for a twin/double inc breakfast. This can be booked by contacting the hotel directly on 0191 586 8248. The landlady is Anne Telford. Be sure to mention the HiFi meetup when booking so she knows where the business is coming from! The cost of the venue for the day is £75, there will be an honesty jar for donations towards the costs as has been the way with previous meets. Any excess of funds will be donated to charity.

As I've previously mentioned, this will be a private function and I will be confirming invitations later today by PM to all who have expressed an interest so far. If you haven't done so yet, you need to let me know if you'd like to attend and if there is anyone else you'd like to come along.

If for any reason, the above date isn't suitable for longstanding attendees then we do have some flexibility to choose another Sat in May but I'd need to know sooner rather than later to pin it down.

All the best.

Rich
    NEBO 8 - Sat 6th May 2017, St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport. 10am til late.

See here for details: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Airport/page20

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice one mate, look forward to this.
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

I'm Ken.

Reserved in my diary.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + Ortofon MC20 Supreme / Pro-Ject Phono box & Pre Box RS / KMTech Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / DIY Sealed Three Way Speakers / Stello CDT100 Transport / DAC Magic.

I'm Rich.

Feel free to shout up with what gear you'd be bringing!

Amongst other odds and sods I'll be aiming to finish modifying 2 pairs of speakers before the big day. These will be my own hamfisted attempts at 'doc mods' discussed elsewhere. I'll bring a pair of stands for bookshelf speakers.
    NEBO 8 - Sat 6th May 2017, St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport. 10am til late.

I'm Martin.

Not sure how I will be getting there so can't say what gear I can bring.

The venue is a good 'un, I'm glad we are back there again. Allegedly it is not far from the place where they filmed the closing scene of 'Get Carter'.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not sure how I will be getting there so can't say what gear I can bring.

The venue is a good 'un, I'm glad we are back there again. Allegedly it is not far from the place where they filmed the closing scene of 'Get Carter'.
    Hence the get Carter poster for last year's Nebo.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Hence the get Carter poster for last year's Nebo.
    And I thought that closing scene was filmed at Blyth up the coast. You learn something new everyday.

Wonder what theme we can have for this poster.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Nice one Rich.

Bringing the Nick Gorham SET power amp again, different beastie this time with the Elrog 300B output valves and upgraded heater supply.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 10-01-2017 at 19:02.
    It's good to be aware of the parameters under which a device performs. It's not terribly useful to be scared off by them..

I'm Ken.

The mine was just South of the venue, about 250/300yds on the other side of the road that runs parallel with the coast. The Arial flight that was featured in the film, went from the mine straight to the cliffs across a single field. So the filming at the cliffs was less than 800yds from the venue. Many people think it was the Easington Flight a few miles up the coast, but it was definitely the one at Blackhall.
    Ken

http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/
    DIY Technics/ProJect based Turntable + Terminator linear tracker + Ortofon MC20 Supreme / Pro-Ject Phono box & Pre Box RS / KMTech Active X-Over / Nakamichi AVP1 Power / DIY Sealed Three Way Speakers / Stello CDT100 Transport / DAC Magic.

I'm Martin.

In that case we really need to go out there, reconstruct the scene, film it, and put it on you-tube.

I'll be Michael Caine.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast