+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    has anyone had issues uploading photos to photobucket? i've been trying since yesterday and only got a handful uploaded
    Try Tinypic. It's free and requires no account. The ads are annoying, but it works every time: http://tinypic.com/
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

has anyone had issues uploading photos to photobucket? i've been trying since yesterday and only got a handful uploaded
    Me. I gave up in the finish. It's been shite for a while tbh.

I'm James.

Thanks Rich for taking the trouble to post up Pics and write up the days proceedings. It looked like another great AOS event.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mike.

Here are some of the photo's i took, note the guy mincing away from the big room setup is Rich "suits you sir"

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Great pics Mike.
    Here are some of the photo's i took, note the guy mincing away from the big room setup is Rich "suits you sir"

I'm Steve.

Likely as not Mik a certain drunken b.....d will have picked them up and took them home for safe keeping. So worry not, they are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Hi everyone ,I left and missed packing those 3 isolation feet we used early on for the rega t/t .Hoping somebody packed them away.Phoned the venue just now and they can't find them and will have to wait until some with keys to the safe arrives to check inside.Hoping they turn up as it will mar an otherwise "grand day out" Mick

I'm Bruce.

My first time to a bake off or Hi Fi gathering, so thanks for making me feel welcome. It was great to meet and talk some really nice people who love music and kit. Heard some music that I took note of and some kit that shone. Well done to Ken for his meticulous system building, as the results were clear to hear. Wish I could have stayed to hear the Radford and Prima Luna, but had to leave at the end of the afternoon, where it sounds like things were just getting started! Next year...
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Likely as not Mik a certain drunken b.....d will have picked them up and took them home for safe keeping. So worry not, they are safe.
    Cheers Steve,glad they turned up [paying £100 each for those ceramic isolators was not my "cup of tea",if you know what I mean] Anyway ,they look suspicially like those"thermal "isolators that I stuck under the Radford earlier in the day.Cheers again and I might post some pics if I can work out how to do it ,saying that they are not as good as those already posted.Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm steven.

Mick use Tapatalk it automatically enlarges photos it's a doddle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, always good to get confirmation I'm on the right track.
    It's still a work in progress, but a reference point I can come back to if things don't pan out, as it does do so many things right.

I now need to change the crossover to digital, introduce new amplification and try different mid drivers.
    So what you hear next time could be predominantly based on what you saw, or have evolved into something quite different.

Vinyljunky - The cartridge in my deck was an Ortofon MC20 Supreme (pre owned ebay purchase) you can still get new ones from Thakker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast