+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Alan.

I hate photo bucket and gave up on them a year ago, went over to Flickr which also has its problems but if I close that account a lot of pics will Disappear from these forums
    I am looking for another photo repository

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

Nebo is NOT an AOS event!

Members of AOS do attend as do members of PFM, Wig Wam and TAS. Nebo was started by me some years back and has always been an independent event and still is. Just thought i would clarify this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Thanks Rich for taking the trouble to post up Pics and write up the days proceedings. It looked like another great AOS event.

I'm Alan.

Absolutely correct Steve, NEBO was started by YOU independent of any Forum and reported on your Progmiester web site
    It was a get together of like minded audio enthusiasts in the North East, yourself and AFAIK Neil Blackwood being the initial organisers.

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post

Members of AOS do attend as do members of PFM, Wig Wam and TAS. Nebo was started by me some years back and has always been an independent event and still is. Just thought i would clarify this.
    It has been predominantly AoS members who support it though, although many of us are also members of other forums.

Anyway yes, indie and proud. I'm sure Jim knows that.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steve.

Indeed it was Alan, you were there from the outset And every one has been a great day right up to the most recent one. Following advice given to me by a friend i decided to hand over the reigns to Rich Britton as i was finding it hard to cope with a lot of BS that was going on. Rich Britton who is far more able to deal with such psycho-babble than i am and is keeping the Nebo flag flying rather well due to being a little stronger willed than i am and doing a great job.
    Call in for a coffee and a blast Alan. We must catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Absolutely correct Steve, NEBO was started by YOU independent of any Forum and reported on your Progmiester web site
    It was a get together of like minded audio enthusiasts in the North East, yourself and AFAIK Neil Blackwood being the initial organisers.

Alan

I'm Steve.

I neglected to mention that I recieved a message from Les Wolstenholme just prior to Nebo 8 informing that he was unable to attend due to health reasons rendering him unable to travel. Needless to say he was missed and send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post

Did anyone attend from the other forums?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I believe Steve is just making this point due to comments made elswhere. Some people in other places can be highly paranoid.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I believe Steve is just making this point due to comments made elswhere. Some people in other places can be highly paranoid.
    I see, point taken. Sorry if i offended anyone suggesting NEBO was an AOS show
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Peter.

My first NEBO, so big thanks to Rich ... the venue was absolutely perfect for this type of event. And, of course, kudos to Steve for founding the 'tradition'. Good to meet up with some familiar faces again, and to be welcomed by a few new ones. Hopefully next time will bring out a few more 'newbies' ... tbh you couldn't wish for a friendlier bunch of people, so do give it a try if you're dithering

Anyway, apologies that I had to scoot off early, but a good friend is emigrating, and saturday evening was the last chance to see him for a long while. On the way back, I dropped Stephen off in Darlington for his bus home. In the rush, I somehow managed to drive off with his lovely Technics cdp still in the boot Sorry buddy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast