+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

I'm Rich.

Default 'NEBO 8 -Sat 6th May 2017 - St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport

Starting a new thread to confirm date and venue for NEBO 8.

Saturday 6th May 2017

The Chimneys Hotel
    East Street
    Blackhall Colliery
    Hartlepool
    TS27 4HA

10am til closing time

Since it worked well the last time I've gone for the same venue. Food and drink is available at very reasonable prices all day long.

Accommodation is available onsite for those who want to make a night of it at the rate of £40 for a single room or £70 for a twin/double inc breakfast. This can be booked by contacting the hotel directly on 0191 586 8248. The landlady is Anne Telford. Be sure to mention the HiFi meetup when booking so she knows where the business is coming from! The cost of the venue for the day is £75, there will be an honesty jar for donations towards the costs as has been the way with previous meets. Any excess of funds will be donated to charity.

As I've previously mentioned, this will be a private function and I will be confirming invitations later today by PM to all who have expressed an interest so far. If you haven't done so yet, you need to let me know if you'd like to attend and if there is anyone else you'd like to come along.

If for any reason, the above date isn't suitable for longstanding attendees then we do have some flexibility to choose another Sat in May but I'd need to know sooner rather than later to pin it down.

All the best.

Rich
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice one mate, look forward to this.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

Reserved in my diary.

I'm Rich.

Feel free to shout up with what gear you'd be bringing!

Amongst other odds and sods I'll be aiming to finish modifying 2 pairs of speakers before the big day. These will be my own hamfisted attempts at 'doc mods' discussed elsewhere. I'll bring a pair of stands for bookshelf speakers.

I'm Martin.

Not sure how I will be getting there so can't say what gear I can bring.

The venue is a good 'un, I'm glad we are back there again. Allegedly it is not far from the place where they filmed the closing scene of 'Get Carter'.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not sure how I will be getting there so can't say what gear I can bring.

The venue is a good 'un, I'm glad we are back there again. Allegedly it is not far from the place where they filmed the closing scene of 'Get Carter'.
    Hence the get Carter poster for last year's Nebo.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Hence the get Carter poster for last year's Nebo.
    And I thought that closing scene was filmed at Blyth up the coast. You learn something new everyday.

Wonder what theme we can have for this poster.

I'm Gary.

Nice one Rich.

Bringing the Nick Gorham SET power amp again, different beastie this time with the Elrog 300B output valves and upgraded heater supply.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 10-01-2017 at 19:02.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Ken.

The mine was just South of the venue, about 250/300yds on the other side of the road that runs parallel with the coast. The Arial flight that was featured in the film, went from the mine straight to the cliffs across a single field. So the filming at the cliffs was less than 800yds from the venue. Many people think it was the Easington Flight a few miles up the coast, but it was definitely the one at Blackhall.

I'm Martin.

In that case we really need to go out there, reconstruct the scene, film it, and put it on you-tube.

I'll be Michael Caine.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast