+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heybrook TT2 sub platter issue?

I'm Shane.

HA10s are few and far between, and whilst perfectly adequate, there are plenty of other options. For example, a nice little Lentek sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago for about £60 which would have been ideal. Put a wanted on the forum and see if anyone has something suitable.

Going back to the Jelco on eBay, I noticed that the seller is selling the arm lead separately. The one he's selling will be no good for the TT2 as it is a vertical entry type. You'll need one with a right angle plug which brings the lead in horizontally.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Going back to the Jelco on eBay, I noticed that the seller is selling the arm lead separately. The one he's selling will be no good for the TT2 as it is a vertical entry type. You'll need one with a right angle plug which brings the lead in horizontally.
    Hi Shane, curious what you said about tonearm cable, I use an Origin Live silver tonearm on my TT2 (later model than the OPs), it has the 'vertical entry' tonearm cable you mention above, as my cart broke a few months ago I don't think I've actually used it yet, also previously there was a dealer fitted RB300 on the TT2 which was fine, I don't see the difference between the RB300 and a tonearm cable of vertical entry type. Could you explain please? I also use a Jelco 750D on my 1210, where the tonearm cable looks like it is to the side of the plug rather than coming out directly underneath. Added a couple of pics. Thanks, Mike.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505...posted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505...posted-public/
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 12-01-2017 at 11:56.

I'm Shane.

The armlead in question is a fairly hefty Van Damme item which doesn't look all that flexible, although I may be being unfair on it. It would probably work ok, but clearance to the bottom board could be a bit tight and if Bob's a complete novice to setting up tts, a horizontal lead would probably be easier to set up. This is the lead in question: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Van-Damme-To...%257Ciid%253A2

i notice that the arm has now been sold. I wonder if Bob bought it?
    Last edited by shane; 12-01-2017 at 12:32.

I'm Mike.

The armlead in question is a fairly hefty Van Damme item which doesn't look all that flexible, although I may be being unfair on it. It would probably work ok, but clearance to the bottom board could be a bit tight and if Bob's a complete novice to setting up tts, a horizontal lead would probably be easier to set up. This is the lead in question: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Van-Damme-To...%257Ciid%253A2

i notice that the arm has now been sold. I wonder if Bob bought it?
    On my TT2 there is a small plastic bracket which the RB300 cable was attached to the wooden body, not sure if my current cable is gonna be too big for this or not, it is pretty hefty too. Didn't realise the importance of these minor adjustments to set up.

I'm Shane.

Do you have a copy of the manual? It's all explained in there. You can download a PDF here, but you'll need ho register for the Vinyl Engine forum, which isn't a bad idea anyway.

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/heybrook/tt2.shtml

if you look at this, the cable should run forward to the P-clip on the chassis, then back to the clip on the plinth. This ensures that the flexing part of the cable is more or less straight. P-clips should be as tight as possible. If you don't have the P-clips, I think they're still available from RS. The bolts securing them are bog standard M4x20 socket/head cap screws with washers.

Last edited by shane; 12-01-2017 at 14:20. Reason: Extra info

I'm Mike.

Thanks Shane, there are 2 p clips, there, on my TT2 there is one, does the cable need to go through both? Sorry if this sounds dense.

I'm Shane.

Yes, forward from the arm to the clip on the chassis, then back to the clip on the back of the plinth. The manual tells all, with diagrams!

I'm Mike.

Yes, forward from the arm to the clip on the chassis, then back to the clip on the back of the plinth. The manual tells all, with diagrams!
    I think I have a manual somewhere, but its forums like these that jog me into action, thanks a lot. I need to get my Ortofon rondo red fixed, looking forward to trying it with the new arm, the OL silver.

I'm Bob.

I missed out on the arm, someone beat me to it.

The tonearm search continues!

I'm Shane.

Pity! Don't limit your search to Linn- mount arms. Making a new arm board is simply a matter of cuttting two bits of 9mm ply, drilling a few holes, glueing them together and painting it black. I've got all the dimensions somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast