+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Pioneer SA 6300

I'm Dan.

Default Beautiful Pioneer SA 6300

Hello Guys

Just thought i would post this yesterday whilst looking online the above Pioneer came up in a free section of gumtree so an email later and a trip over to Poole this little gem was in the car and home we come Very heavy for its size and also quite rare but in need a clean "Pot" and service - tested and working.

This is going in the collection after I've got it thoroughly checked over

Attached Images Attached Images
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Steve.

Nice. My flatmate used to have the SA-9300, which was an awesome and huge bit of kit.

I found a previous generation Pioneer SX-450 receiver in a wet skip the other week. Must be late seventies. I let it dry out and IT ALL WORKS! Even the lightbulbs.

Like you say, the switches and knobs could do with some switch spray. But they're not bad either.

All this mystifies me slightly, because I thought those old wet electrolytic capacitors dry out eventually. So far so good.

And soundwise, it's faultless. Here's to freebies. And BTW, no problem with newer CD level into auxiliary. I don't think CD output is actually any different from the old tape deck standards. I checked my Rotel schematic, and AUX and CD go into the same opamp.

I'm Dan.

Hi Steve

I've just seen your post...

Yes i love the older generation of Pioneer most of my HI-FI is Pioneer so i had to grab this....I have just got round to cleaning the switches & polishing the knobs & facia and shes very shiny....i'm gonna test later on this afternoon too see if it works..I have my test speakers out and ready to go....I'm very surprised that other members of the forum have not commented on this i think its a beautiful looking piece...
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Andrew.

I don't think the naff picture is helping Dan...

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I don't think the naff picture is helping Dan...
    Ha ha , Nice amp Dan . The lovely grime on the power lead is a tad offputting ,but I am sure once you have buffed the little beggar up , you can find a slot in your creaking storeroom for it
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Dan.

Well i can now update this thread and say the pot clean worked a treat they are now silent in operation and the amplifier is now - I've set up a little night system with a pair of Mini Technics SB-30 full range speakers & modded Pioneer PDS703 & Pioneer F676 Tuner and is working very well together system for peanuts and sounds this good....

Not bad going.....
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Grant.

Well done Dan.. bet it sounds good too. Good amps these
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

The 30 wpc Pioneer SX-450 has become my receiver of choice!

It's honestly much better than the Rotel RA-931 I've been using for years.

Pioneer SX-450.JPG

The speaker cable grips aren't quite the modern idea of 4mm banana plugs, but work well enough. The tone controls are a delight to boost the bass a tidge with my rather dry speakers. It's good to have a mono button too, just to check polarity and imaging.

I honestly can't fault it. Amazing that a 30/40 year old receiver can sound so good. Pioneer were genius.

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    Well i can now update this thread and say the pot clean worked a treat they are now silent in operation and the amplifier is now - I've set up a little night system with a pair of Mini Technics SB-30 full range speakers & modded Pioneer PDS703 & Pioneer F676 Tuner and is working very well together system for peanuts and sounds this good....

Not bad going.....

I'm Dan.

Pictures - Featured are a full set

Pioneer SA 6300
    Pioneer PDS 703
    Pioneer F-676 Tuner
    Teac LS X8 - Speakers - though currently using Marantz HD-300

= All in about £15.... thats for everthing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Turntable
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast