+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Croft re-valve...

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Yeah, it was the first CD player I heard that could do a 3-D soundstage when asked. It was way ahead of the Naim CD-S at the time (we compared them, although our sales director wouldn't/couldn't(?) accept this as "Salisbury" were the only firm who could make HiFi gear...........

Post laser replacement, I took it into work and, once given two or three hours to "warm-up" (many of these old TDA1541 based machines needed this), it also easily saw off the harsh Naim CDX and spacially flat Linn Ikemi, although I could get great results from a carefully set up (regards to mains isolation) Karik III/Numerik III and the CDS-2/XPS was better and more like the CD-M100 in bass power....

Last edited by DSJR; 20-12-2009 at 19:33.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

I thought the CDS was a nice sounding machine ' but it could not do the 3D thing like the Micro.

i hope you keep it always Dave ' a nice piece of Hifi history , certainly brings back memories for me ' i used to really enjoy going to Hifi show's back then .

Very sad ' i know but well there it is .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12