+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A virgin on the forum: a bit shy to show off....

I'm Paul.

Talking A virgin on the forum: a bit shy to show off....

Hi Everybody. My name is Paul and, as you can probably guess, my nickname is Bokito. Just today I celebrated my 59th birthday. I call myself a vinyl junkie. As a born Dutchman it is possible that my English grammar isn't allways correct. My addiction started at the age of 8. I have allways read a lot of forums, but it is the first time that I become an active member. My compliments for the civilized and friendly way your members treat each other. That makes a big difference in comparing to other forums. In fifty years of addiction I've build a record collection of approx. 10.000 records and 3.500 cd's. My taste of music is very wide: from A(BBA) to Z(Z Top). I am no 'hard core' vinyl fan, although I love to spin 45rpm records.
    I've heared some real nice digital music also. Being lucky to have also a second home, I have 2 systems.
    My main system exists among others of: Garrard 401/SME 3012/Denon 100 (103 jubilee)/Syltech Compass Lake/Audio Research Ref3 & CD7/Jadis PL7 phono/Jadis JA 80/Pass Labs 600.5/Cardas Golden Reference/Apogee Full Range. One of the reasons that I became a member of AoS is that I am building a HMT system for my second home. I have read on the forum some good stories about the MS Audio / Klotz MC5000. My HMT exists now of a 20 year old Denon AVR-1AD which can only be adressed for analog 5.1/Ixos i.c./Cambridge CXU/KEF 205/Aktiv cables/Mediaplayer V9 and a 4TB harddisk. I like to create the best possible (digital) sound for as less money. Therefore I appreciate advice about interlinks and cables.

I'm Grant.

Hi Paul; welcome to the forum. congrats on collecting so much music, and after all thats really what its all about. Youve some great gear as well. Sure you will get plenty info on cables, and some of our members do make the klotz stuff up.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hello Paul. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinion on cables here. I'd suggest starting a thread in the Artist's Palette section and asking your questions there.

Take a look around the site, you'll find there's plenty going on and please feel free to join in. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Shane.

Hi Paul and welcome! Don't worry about your English, it's a hell of a lot better than my Dutch!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Anto.

Hi Paul and welcome !!

We like virgins on here

Awesome vinyl and cd collection , by the way!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Jonathan.

welcome, and enjoy the ride.

a nice collection of music, a bugger to keep clean.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hello Paul. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinion on cables here. I'd suggest starting a thread in the Artist's Palette section and asking your questions there.

Take a look around the site, you'll find there's plenty going on and please feel free to join in. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    Indeed he will Welcome to the forum Paul.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread