Hi Everybody. My name is Paul and, as you can probably guess, my nickname is Bokito. Just today I celebrated my 59th birthday. I call myself a vinyl junkie. As a born Dutchman it is possible that my English grammar isn't allways correct. My addiction started at the age of 8. I have allways read a lot of forums, but it is the first time that I become an active member. My compliments for the civilized and friendly way your members treat each other. That makes a big difference in comparing to other forums. In fifty years of addiction I've build a record collection of approx. 10.000 records and 3.500 cd's. My taste of music is very wide: from A(BBA) to Z(Z Top). I am no 'hard core' vinyl fan, although I love to spin 45rpm records.
I've heared some real nice digital music also. Being lucky to have also a second home, I have 2 systems.
My main system exists among others of: Garrard 401/SME 3012/Denon 100 (103 jubilee)/Syltech Compass Lake/Audio Research Ref3 & CD7/Jadis PL7 phono/Jadis JA 80/Pass Labs 600.5/Cardas Golden Reference/Apogee Full Range. One of the reasons that I became a member of AoS is that I am building a HMT system for my second home. I have read on the forum some good stories about the MS Audio / Klotz MC5000. My HMT exists now of a 20 year old Denon AVR-1AD which can only be adressed for analog 5.1/Ixos i.c./Cambridge CXU/KEF 205/Aktiv cables/Mediaplayer V9 and a 4TB harddisk. I like to create the best possible (digital) sound for as less money. Therefore I appreciate advice about interlinks and cables.