+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New member - Hello

I'm Tim.

Default New member - Hello

Hi

My names is Tim and I live in Otago, New Zealand.
    My modest stereo system consists of mainly diyaudio.com kits (FC-100 amp, DCB-1 buffer and a BTF systems LDR attenuator) together with some old Wharfdale diamond 8.3 speakers and a iDSD micro headphone amp using it's DAC in direct mode.
    I'm hoping to upgrade my speakers to either the Eminent Technolgy LFT-8b or it's little brother the LFT-16a if finances allow - hopefully so!

Cheers

Tim

I'm Chris.

Hi Tim
    Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

Cheers / Chris

I'm Grant.

Welcome to the site Tim. Hope you find what your looking for in near future. Plenty folk here with experience so if you need help, just ask in a thread.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Russell.

Hi Tim, glad to have you aboard! I've always considered the DYI audio fan to be the purest. Lots of us, including myself, sink a lot of money into manufactured stereo, but I can appreciate that sense of accomplishment that comes from building your own, and hearing the results. Perhaps some DYI speakers are also in order? The internet is full of plans and parts for nearly anything you can imagine. Something I'm giving serious consideration to this Spring are a pair of DYI speakers, of my own design. And perhaps you've inspired me to build an amp to drive them as well? Getting back to the roots of this hobby, in the beginning it was all home made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Hello Tim. Welcome to AOS.

Plenty of interest here in DIY projects. Have a look through the Drawing Board section and you'll see what I mean.

If you are building anything we'd like to hear about it.

Tell us what music you listen to and keep us informed about your system changes.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Maikel.

Default Welcome

Welcome Tim,

DIYaudio is very cool, equipment must be very nice too
    Enjoy
    Maikel

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread