+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferkin' Squeezebox!

I'm Craig.

Default Ferkin' Squeezebox!

Despite doing everything suggested the last time a month or so back, apart from not using tiny whatever it is, the bloody thing gave me a days grief all day yesterday as my players could not be found, and despite trying numerous times, fed up, I gave up and went to bed.

Put it on this morning, and it miraculously found the player, without me doing anything!

FFS how?????
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Gary.

Network shenanigans, router probably reassigned a new dynamic IP address to your Touch and was able to be found.
    It happens, just enjoy the choons.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Mark.

easiest fix, have them all assigned a specific IP by yoru DHCP server

I'm Gary.

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    easiest fix, have them all assigned a specific IP by yoru DHCP server
    How???
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Mark.

assuming you have a router doing the dhcp, go to the attached devices page and make a note of teh MAC address that corresponds to the SB

then go to the DHCP config page and tell it to always issue a specific address to the device identified by that MAC address

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    assuming you have a router doing the dhcp, go to the attached devices page and make a note of teh MAC address that corresponds to the SB

then go to the DHCP config page and tell it to always issue a specific address to the device identified by that MAC address
    Please forgive my naivety, but what is DCHP when it's at home?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Don't you know how to use Google, Craig?
    The first paragraph in this article covers it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynami...ation_Protocol - and it's all you need to know.
    All of the devices on your network have been allocated a unique IP address (unique to your network - my network will have similar address numbers, but the number is only of relevance to your internal network workings).

I have a vague recollection of you being on Virgin Media.
    If so, your router does all the DHCP allocations, and you'll find the router on http://192.168.0.1 from any web browser.
    The login ID is admin, and the password is changeme - go to advanced setting and look for DHCP and dig around.
    I suggest that you change the default login and password, and take note of it when you do it.
    Your router is not secure if you have things on the default password.

You'll be able to see connected devices, and since you're using wirelessly connected Squeezebox Touches you'll need to go onto each device (the device itself) and find the IP address in order to know which is which.
    You'll need to reserve the IP address for each device - it should be self explanatory.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Might add that not every provider allows you to do this. Using fing on a tablet will at least let you know what has what ip locally. very handy app.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Craig.

I have an app on my iPad called Net Analyser, it's showing me the ip addresses for both SB's, but it won't allow me to do anymore, so I'll try and do it the way that's been suggested!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast