+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferkin' Squeezebox!

I'm Craig.

Default Ferkin' Squeezebox!

Despite doing everything suggested the last time a month or so back, apart from not using tiny whatever it is, the bloody thing gave me a days grief all day yesterday as my players could not be found, and despite trying numerous times, fed up, I gave up and went to bed.

Put it on this morning, and it miraculously found the player, without me doing anything!

FFS how?????
    Squeezebox Touch. Beresford Caiman Mk 2 DAC . Kavent SP310 and stupidly heavy torroidal thing. Usher CP 6371, Mains Cables From RA & Krystal Kables. Klotz MC 5000/MS plugs, Talk Cable 3
    Belkin mains conditioner.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Network shenanigans, router probably reassigned a new dynamic IP address to your Touch and was able to be found.
    It happens, just enjoy the choons.
    Sent from my ZX81 using Sinclair Basic

I'm Mark.

easiest fix, have them all assigned a specific IP by yoru DHCP server

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Sent from my ZX81 using Sinclair Basic

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    easiest fix, have them all assigned a specific IP by yoru DHCP server
    How???
    Squeezebox Touch. Beresford Caiman Mk 2 DAC . Kavent SP310 and stupidly heavy torroidal thing. Usher CP 6371, Mains Cables From RA & Krystal Kables. Klotz MC 5000/MS plugs, Talk Cable 3

I'm Mark.

assuming you have a router doing the dhcp, go to the attached devices page and make a note of teh MAC address that corresponds to the SB

then go to the DHCP config page and tell it to always issue a specific address to the device identified by that MAC address

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Markiii View Post
    assuming you have a router doing the dhcp, go to the attached devices page and make a note of teh MAC address that corresponds to the SB

then go to the DHCP config page and tell it to always issue a specific address to the device identified by that MAC address
    Please forgive my naivety, but what is DCHP when it's at home?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Don't you know how to use Google, Craig?
    The first paragraph in this article covers it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynami...ation_Protocol - and it's all you need to know.
    All of the devices on your network have been allocated a unique IP address (unique to your network - my network will have similar address numbers, but the number is only of relevance to your internal network workings).

I have a vague recollection of you being on Virgin Media.
    If so, your router does all the DHCP allocations, and you'll find the router on http://192.168.0.1 from any web browser.
    The login ID is admin, and the password is changeme - go to advanced setting and look for DHCP and dig around.
    I suggest that you change the default login and password, and take note of it when you do it.
    Your router is not secure if you have things on the default password.

You'll be able to see connected devices, and since you're using wirelessly connected Squeezebox Touches you'll need to go onto each device (the device itself) and find the IP address in order to know which is which.
    You'll need to reserve the IP address for each device - it should be self explanatory.
    Chris

I'm Grant.

Might add that not every provider allows you to do this. Using fing on a tablet will at least let you know what has what ip locally. very handy app.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.1- CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - PIONEER DV717 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, SPOTIFY - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE POWERED BY BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PURAV.

I'm Craig.

I have an app on my iPad called Net Analyser, it's showing me the ip addresses for both SB's, but it won't allow me to do anymore, so I'll try and do it the way that's been suggested!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast