+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over the Moon

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieB View Post
    A small update to my Simaudio Mind 180 story: I've moved the connection between the Mind and my M2Tech Young DAC from RCA to balanced AES/EBU connection on XLR, with good results. The sound seems to have filled out, with voices and instruments having more solidity and there being a little more clarity. When I was considering getting the Mind, I noticed some reviews mentioning that the output was better via XLR, but I'd got it into my head that I didn't have a matching input on my DAC. Then a couple of days ago I had the DAC out and realised it does have an XLR input - I wonder about myself sometimes.

So an even happier Mind 180 owner.
    XLR only works well really when everything is connected XLR throughout.

I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

Have an M2Tech Young myself and spent a lot of time (and money!) looking formthe best digital hookup from my Logitech Transporter (2006 tech!) to the Young.

AES was noticably better than the rest, and its worth noting I tried a few different XLR digital cables and from direct experience with the same Dac, dont let anyone tell you they all sound the same.

Hear what Jim's saying about balanced/unbalanced connections, but for a digital cable you'll be fine.

Go for XLR if you can...and you can!
    Know that thing you JUST KNOW you hear when your hearing it?
    Currently hearing it....not about
    the hifi anymore, rediscovering my music.

192 MP3 and upwards..all good.
    (And have SME V driven vinyl too)

Life is certainly not shit.

I'm Rob.

Thanks Gazjam. I'm just about to order a XLR cable from David at MCRU. I'll see if that improves the sound over the cheap one I bought on the bay of E, to see if it would work.
    Rob.