+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introducing myself, in Tauranga New Zealand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Rob.

Default Introducing myself, in Tauranga New Zealand

Hi from Tauranga, looking to introduce myself, and collect your views on upgrades to Quad 405.

I seem to be on a bit of a resto-mod crusade. My other hobby is my 1967 MGB GT, about to have a full suspension upgrade, to allow me to better enjoy the extra horse power from the installed Toyota 4-AGE 20 valve motor and 5 speed gear box 😎

So I am giving consideration to either:
    - Net-audio MK3 boards wth Op amp upgrade, or
    - Dada Electronics Quad 405 Upgrade-kit with OPA604 v3 High-end boards

Anyone been lucky enough to hear both? What are the merits of the 2 options. All advice greatly received.

The amp will be fronted by my SoTM sDP1000 pre/dac, driving Thiel CS1.6

I'm Chris.

Hi Rob
    Nice and sunny up there, I am a bit further down the road

Welcome to the forum, The Net Audio mk3 boards are really good. I would use LM6171 op amps though instead of opa627's

I installed Net Audio M3 boards in my 405 a year ago, and have provided the best audio I have heard, other than 2x 306
    used as mono blocks, but would be happy with either. Sensitivity is a bit on the high side at 1.5v with the Net Audio boards
    but still work well with LDR passives.

Cheers / Chris

I'm Rob.

Hi Chris, net-audio have gone quiet. I have ordered boards and heard nothing. I have just discovered that David Pritchard, passed away a couple of years ago. Do you know who picked this up, website looks very much alive, and PayPal payment processed ��

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster View Post
    Hi Chris, net-audio have gone quiet. I have ordered boards and heard nothing. I have just discovered that David Pritchard, passed away a couple of years ago. Do you know who picked this up, website looks very much alive, and PayPal payment processed ��
    Hi Rob
    I would in the circumstance either email or ring net Audio on UK 01487814657, I see nothing to indicate Net Audio have changed as a result of David's passing.
    and your order will be duly received.

Cheers / Chris

I'm Chris.

Hi Rob
    I just checked back through my emails and I last heard from David in May 2014
    How did you go calling them ? I would expect they would send you an expected delivery date.
    and would at the least be in contact with you via email with how your order is processing.

I recall waiting about 30 days for my order in 2014 to be delivered to NZ.
    What occurred was the boards were made then delivered to Net Audio for testing.
    I was very impressed with their level of service.

I seem to remember boards were delivered to me in Element 14 packaging. I did not think anything of that
    but may indicate a relationship Net Audio has with Farnell Element 14.

Cheers / Chris

I'm Rob.

Hi Chris, it appears David passed away at the end of 2014.
    However someone must be paying the ISP hosting charges for the website etc.

I'm Rob.

Hi Chris, no luck with the phone number, not in service. I placed my order Friday, not received confirmation, maybe I'm just impatient?

I'm Geoff.

Hello Rob. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and more details of your system.

You'll find there are sections covering every aspect of Hi-Fi. Try posting amplifier questions in the Blank Canvas area.

I like the MGB GT, but I also like the 'B' Series engine. A lot can be done with it to produce more usable power.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

A little more on my system, main stream music now. Using Roon for catalog and play back, Sotm Sms200 network end point, via USB to SoTM pre amp, eichmann interconnect between pre and power, eichmann power leads, and custom silver speaker cables.
    Music varies, pink Floyd, Muse, Patricia Barber, Yes, Elbow, Dave Mathews Band, Diana Krall, John Butler Trio...

I'm Grant.

Hi Rib. Welcome. Nice car the mgb gt. always liked it as a lad and had one in my scalectrics lol.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread