+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just arrived

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I bought a new F307 from Lasky about 1971. It hummed like mad and had to be returned. The replacement was noisy too, so that also went back and I took a Rotel RA-611 instead. I liked that amp a lot, it was very good. Funny thing is, a few secondhand F307's have since come my way and they've been fine.
    Early ones were dodgy in the output transistor area and there was I believe (hopefully Mick will know more) a factory recall to fit more robust output devices and whilst there change a few parts associated with bias regulation.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Grant.

My one hums a bit if i put my hand near the top. Shielding not up to task i guess
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS
    Regards Neil

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    So what was the full story behind NEAL then Mick? I thought they started independently of Ferrograph but went into liquidation and were bought out by Ferrograph to give them an instant range of cassette decks to go with the R2R's? The combined company was later called NEAL/Ferrograph (with the forward slash) IIRC. I recall going to the then HQ at South Shields to get a manual for the 103. NEAL were later revived by Canford Audio to make the dual cassette decks used by police to record interviews but no more Hi Fi decks were made, again AFAIK.
    It's a long time ago but my recollection is that the did start independently of Ferrograph and headhunted a number of our design engineers. I cannot ever remember talk of a cassette drive at the Ferrograph South Shield factory. I moved down the road to Comet as a bench engineer and lost touch.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by mickbald View Post
    It's a long time ago but my recollection is that the did start independently of Ferrograph and headhunted a number of our design engineers. I cannot ever remember talk of a cassette drive at the Ferrograph South Shield factory. I moved down the road to Comet as a bench engineer and lost touch.
    The 103 and a few others used the American Wollansak mechanism...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Phil.

welcome mick great to have you on board !
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    welcome mick great to have you on board !
    Cheers Phil,

We need to work out where we are going to meet up at Scalford this year

I'm Phil.

absolutely ...its coming up quick !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down