+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Hi-Fi Magazine

I'm Martin.

6 Moons you have to pay to have your kit reviewed. Hardly a paragon of virtue.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    6 Moons you have to pay to have your kit reviewed. Hardly a paragon of virtue.
    I don't overly like their business model, but at least he is open about it unlike many others. The reviews are still worth a read in my opinion.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I guess youve gotta pay, in one way or another for any major review...even minor ones to an extent i suppose. Reviewers gotta eat
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I guess youve gotta pay, in one way or another for any major review...even minor ones to an extent i suppose. Reviewers gotta eat
    Yes, its a business and a way folks earn a living. I know many want folks to do it all for free, not earn a living etc and only if that is the case is it righteous writing and opinion. Seriously..... folks have a right to earn a living, if folks don't like what they do to do that, then don't read it, walk on by.

I read 6 Moons editorial about that and the proposed new model and it was refreshing to read, very honest. Do I feel this means there is a reduction in honesty regarding the writing ? No I don't. At least with 6 Moons its transparent. Don't agree, don't like this then don't read it.

Pig seeks to do the same, big difference is 6 Moons is professional, looks good, has great writing and is an informative read. Pig offers nothing over forums, in my opinion. My only criticism of Moons is the ad placement between the text bugs me, as it breaks it up in away that I don't like.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Not that simple. You pay for a review then that review becomes an advertisement, not a review. And I'm including taking advertising on the back of a good review in that as well.

Might as well just get the marketing men to write the review and cut out the middleman entirely.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

I'd not come across 6 moons before. Looks interesting. Thank you.
    Rob.