Hello, All. This is by way of being my first impressions of my new Arkless Electronics Mk II Head Amp, which I received today.
I will provide a more detailed review when I have more listening hours under my belt, so I'll keep it simple and to the point for now: I am seriously impressed with this piece of kit!
Here is what it looks like.

It's a very nicely-presented package - no nonsense, just what you need, neatly and expertly assembled into two simple but handsome units. The power supply is housed in a chunky (and very heavy) black acrylic box with just an "on" warning light on the front. It is clearly intended to be stowed away from your replay equipment (for which purpose it has been given enough mains and connecting cable to allow it to be housed in next-door's attic!). The head amp itself lives in a two-piece pressed and perforated steel enclosure. That was my choice - it's a look I like. I think Jez is able to accommodate other aesthetic preferences as well. Nothing but a green "on" warning indicator on the front. The back panel carries the input/output sockets, loading plug sockets, power input socket and earthing point. All very nicely organized and extremely neatly executed, complete with appropriate legend so that the easily confused - like me - can't get into trouble.

Jez is on record as saying that the kit he designs and builds is easily comparable in terms of performance with "branded" luxury hi-fi costing a great deal more. (He also concedes that it's a bit of a Mandy Rice Davis remark, in that he would say that, wouldn't he?) So is he right? Does it deliver the goods or do we start calling him Mandy? The answer is, we do not. This is a wonderful piece of equipment. Even in the few hours I have been using it, it has comfortably exceeded my expectations. However, I want to give it a thoroughly good appraisal and get my thoughts in order before I post a more detailed review, because it deserves that. And because you, dear members, will find that more useful I hope.

So, heads up for more to come next week, when I can get this grin off my face and settle down to jotting some thoughts down on paper.
IB.