+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone happy with their system ???

Bigman80 Guest

Haha, I love the "im REASONABLY happy" comments lol.

It's no bad thing to keep trying to improve I suppose but I'd forgotten to really just listen to the music. Have to say, I'm not sure what's happened at my house but the Missions seem to sound bigger than before. New speaker wire burnt in ? (that's a joke BTW)

Been upgrading steadily for three years now.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Have to say, I'm not sure what's happened at my house but the Missions seem to sound bigger than before.
    Mine used to catch me out with a 'wow' moment every now and then. Ridiculously good little speakers!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Aah yes, the endless is it...isn't it....brain draining mind fuck that is the Audiophile. Been there - done it, many times. I used to listen for a couple of hours a day.....when I say listen....that was to the bits of equipment. Now I have a session about 2 or 3 times a week and listen to music. Sounds Marvellous.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

danilo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Jensen Imperials!
    A reasonably straightforward DIY Woodwork project and Greatplainsaudio.com has brand new 604's on hand, if you don't have a pair of tannoys to fit.
    Treat yourself ?

I'm Mike.

After a recent spending spree with Tony at Coherent I am very happy for some time to come !

See below
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Matt.

The honest answer is... sometimes.

With the right recording and in the mood it sounds sublime. Although there's always the itch to try something differenct.

I'm Justin.

Anyone who says they are 100% happy with their system is either lying, or is very undiscerning, or is winding you up by pretending they have one over you, or is slightly deranged etc etc.

Happy enough is about as good as it gets I think. As long as I get my hits of absolute awesomeness every now and then I am happy. Now I'm at it But then again, my system IS better than yours.

I'm Geoff.

Well my system sounds bloody marvellous and i don't feel like changing anything.

(that's not to say nothing will change though. Vinyl will be taking on a secondary role instead of being at the forefront)
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    A reasonably straightforward DIY Woodwork project ?
    Yeah, you know how parents tend to keep the crap items you made in wood shop at school? Mine were so bad they binned them without a second thought.

I'd be 100% happy if I hadn't heard better. That is the key really. Don't ever listen to anyone else's system unless you are confident that it will be worse than what you already have
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

I'm very happy with my system, thanks for asking

It has come on by quite a few incremental jumps this year, mainly the amplification from phono stage through to mono block power amps>
    Then improvements to the TT and a new (to me) cart. Even the CD source is sounding pretty darn good.

@ Justin, I'll go with the slightly deranged thanks

I very recently re-plumbed the sub into the system, although I am now in a smaller room when compared with last year it has still had that expansive impact from bottom to top. Don't quite understand it but quite a few people say the same.

Just enjoying setting up an all vintage system for TV duties in the lounge as well. With judicious use of all the controls on the NEC amplifier it is sounding rather good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast