+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone happy with their system ???

Bigman80 Guest

Default Is anyone happy with their system ???

Hi all,

I don't know if it's just me but does everyone seem to be chopping and changing parts of their setup on a weekly basis ?

I'm as guilty as anyone but I have spent an hour or two listening rather than thinking and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Just wondered how you all feel!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I've not changed anything significant for years.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hi all,

I don't know if it's just me but does everyone seem to be chopping and changing parts of their setup on a weekly basis ?

I'm as guilty as anyone but I have spent an hour or two listening rather than thinking and I've thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Just wondered how you all feel!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I'm happy with mine, especially now I've put the ushers back in, and yet I'm hankering after an integrated amp again
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

I'm reasonably happy right now but only for the third time in 30 years and I could still do with getting bigger speakers.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jez.

Yep... not changed source components or speakers in years and very happy with them. Not that I think they are the ultimate and wouldn't want anything better, more like they are so good that I'd need to win the lottery to afford anything that would seriously better what I have... and of course the superb amplification helps a lot
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I'm reasonably happy right now but only for the third time in 30 years and I could still do with getting bigger speakers.
    Lockies mate!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I'm delighted with my workroom system and it never fails to joyfully surprise me. To get 'better' would mean a huge expenditure, so I don't even think about it. The downstairs system is another matter though and for the amount it gets used, I've seriously considered getting some of the very slim B&O actives (they're neat floor-standers, sound ok and herself tolerates them). Didn't consider for long though but this stereo set is a work in progress right now...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Martin.

Jensen Imperials!
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

im very happy too (at the moment) lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Dan.

Aha!

I'm More then happy at present the little JVC's are surprising for their size could live them so cute

I love the fun in changing and listening to different kit.....i have excess amounts of HI-FI around me as i type i tend to try different speakers a week depending on mood maybe im mad but your not the only one having fun.

Their will be a time when i will settle down. VERY NEARLY their with the Sony's Actives & Tannoy's

Still a lifetime journey ahead so enjoy it....
    Pre & Power
    Technics SUC 909U & Technics SE A909S
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast