+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone happy with their system ???

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    My wife says that audiophiles have 'itchy ears'.
    Lol, I love that

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    thanks

yes they are verity audio Rienzi . not terribly well known in uk but relatively small at around 1m high and not too deep . having had focal 1028be and diablo . they have the sweetness and detail of the diablo and the breadth of the 1028 in wife friendly form . very sweet sounding with no fatigue and imaging is first class . john at midland audio has the next model up [leonore] if any one interested . highly recommended .
    WOW !

I'm Craig.

I haven't changed any major bits for a couple of years now, only changed wires and a chip in the Stan Dac, that's all, so I must be happy!
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Adrian.

I'm gobsmacked by my system - but with each continued and well thought out upgrade there comes a little more refinement. Cables, valves, power supplies help to clear away those final veils.

Adey

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Mike.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I'm gobsmacked by my system - but with each continued and well thought out upgrade there comes a little more refinement. Cables, valves, power supplies help to clear away those final veils.

Adey

I think if my system and I were sat in Alicante, I'd be entirely happy with it too Adey
    Less bling, more integrity ©Spenagio

I'm Adrian.

Lol. For me a cottage in Cornwall or a Scottish island would be heaven... For a while... Lol
    Adey

Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Neil.

The key to happiness with a system is simple, it is about being "happy enough". You cannot have everything, some compromises need to be made, which is down to which consequences are not as important for listening enjoyment.

My biggest bugbear in HiFi is excessive sibilance / artificial edge to vocals and general 'grainy / flat' sound, so have worked on this. I am also sensitive to box colouration and drivers imparting their "stamp" on the sound, and bass overhang, that has also been worked on. Finally I am very sensitive to DAC and digital artifacts, again, this has been worked on. In the process I lose ultimate bass extension and power handling, but I listen at moderate volume in a terraced house, so it is more important to me that my system sounds great at low volumes rather than, like my Amphion speakers, playing at 95+db without really breaking a sweat and easily taking 200W up them. Such levels would blow my Royd RR3s, but good luck getting a better midrange than these at more sensible volumes.

There comes a point in HiFi where "improvements" turn into "differences", which is a good indication that you have gotten the most out of your system.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 13-01-2017 at 16:16.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

Bigman80 Guest

All I need in my system is a bit of depth to the bass and I'll be as happy as a pig in muck. Bigger speakers needed.

I'm Alan.

Or a sub Oliver, the offer is still on

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Or a sub Oliver, the offer is still on
    At least then you don't end up altering the midrange and top end too much, ending up back at square one.

Subs can be difficult to integrate, but I think a lot of people are too blunt with them, subtlety is the key.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast